Media is going to town..

livespive

Yeah remember that......

That's kind of my point....

According to his powers that be, he didn't follow procedure. No the same thing happened here so I would think that they should be fired as well.

Problem is, the officer who DIDN'T shoot was "rewarded" by losing his job...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Exactly, Or in the case of the white guy in West VA that had the gun out on him and trying to go by suicide by cop. The first cop didn't shoot, but yet clearly unarmed blacks are getting shot....... Sorry no dice.
Was an unarmed white kid who got shot in Utah.... barely made the news.

Robadat

Why does he legally have to? What probable cause did the police have to detain him or order him to obey? From reports I read is because the officer saw he had his hands in his pocket. Is that suspension enough for a stalled motorist to be detained?
Officers stated that from his actions he appeared to be under the influence of drugs. That is reasonable suspicion to detain him.

But, and I can't say this often enough, when you are challenged by a cop for any reason, immediately comply with all orders given you. Do exactly as you are told, no more, no less. I am seeing more and more civilians arguing with and disobeying orders from POs in their encounters. This conduct needs to stop, it unnecessarily puts civilians and POs in dangerous situations where bad things can and do happen.

You have a problem with an officer's conduct during a stop, do exactly as told and file a complaint afterwards. It's simply not worth getting yourself killed over.

livespive

A lot just doesn't add up.

Why does he legally have to? What probable cause did the police have to detain him or order him to obey? From reports I read is because the officer saw he had his hands in his pocket. Is that suspension enough for a stalled motorist to be detained?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DJ, MY POINT WAS IF HE HAD CAR TROUBLE, WHY STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD? THAT IS PRETTY SUSPICIOUS ON ITS OWN, IS IT NOT? AND THEN ROB ANSWERED THE REST.

MI2AZ

DJ, MY POINT WAS IF HE HAD CAR TROUBLE, WHY STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD? THAT IS PRETTY SUSPICIOUS ON ITS OWN, IS IT NOT? AND THEN ROB ANSWERED THE REST.
Yesterday I saw a car stuck in the left turn lane on highway at traffic light. Today there was one stuck in the left turn lane of a street at a traffic light. Both cars were broken down. The first was driven by an African American. Luckily there weren't any police around. Didn't see who was behind the wheel of the 2nd. Cars break down. Sometimes you don't have the choice of moving it while still under power.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEY WERE IN THE TURN LANE, CAR BREAKS DOWN, NO POWER, MAKES SENSE. MIDDLE OF A HIGHWAY NO TRAFFIC LIGHT, SUSPICIOUS.

MI2AZ

THEY WERE IN THE TURN LANE, CAR BREAKS DOWN, NO POWER, MAKES SENSE. MIDDLE OF A HIGHWAY NO TRAFFIC LIGHT, SUSPICIOUS.
I don't drive a modern vehicle, mine is over 35 yrs old but don't the newer vehicles shut off if there is a computer problem?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
But, and I can't say this often enough, when you are challenged by a cop for any reason, immediately comply with all orders given you. Do exactly as you are told, no more, no less. I am seeing more and more civilians arguing with and disobeying orders from POs in their encounters. This conduct needs to stop, it unnecessarily puts civilians and POs in dangerous situations where bad things can and do happen.

Another problem with today's society; no discipline or respect. What you just outlined used to be required for children in dealing with an adult, or they'd be disciplined. Nobody disciplines any more. So kid grows up knowing he can do whatever he wants and nobody is allowed to touch him because, spanking's bad, m'kay. So is it any wonder when they have an interaction with police their attitude is uncooperative and puts them in jeopardy? He's never been disciplined for ignoring orders and being beligerent before, so what makes you think a badge is going to instantly change years of piss poor parenting?

Don't know if that applies to this current situation, but just a thought on society in general there that popped in my head while reading your post.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL SAID 9. AND YOU ARE RIGHT. EVERYONE IS AFRAID TO DO OR SAY SOMETHING FOR FEAR OF BEING SUED OR FIRED. AND FOR ALL THE BANTER IN THIS THREAD, AND ITS BEEN A GOOD THREAD, AT THE END OF THE DAY I DONT WORRY ABOUT IF IM GOING TO MAKE IT HOME AT NIGHT.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Officers stated that from his actions he appeared to be under the influence of drugs. That is reasonable suspicion to detain him.

You have a problem with an officer's conduct during a stop, do exactly as told and file a complaint afterwards. It's simply not worth getting yourself killed over.
Rob, this was exactly my point in my last post. Do what you are told, you have plenty of time to complain later.

livespive

Depends on what happens...

If you are the type that don't really watch your oil and the engine locks up you are going to stop.

The are scenarios Like you say, in which the car will stop. The turning lane is the same thing, it is the middle of the street.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I believe a very good portion of these people are wanting to achieve martyr status. They are troubled, addicted, depressed, and are ready to die so they figure they'll go down in style. I'd be willing to bet most of these are "suicide by cop" incidents.

livespive

Not even close,

The last one was shot with his girl and significant other in the car, what shit is that.........

And lets for a moment say that you are right WHY DIDN'T THE COP IN WEST VA SHOOT THE WHITE GUY THAT WANTED SUISIDE BY COP?????!?!

Don't tell me it was because the lady was beside him, because the black guy got shot with a car full of innocent people.

I believe a very good portion of these people are wanting to achieve martyr status. They are troubled, addicted, depressed, and are ready to die so they figure they'll go down in style. I'd be willing to bet most of these are "suicide by cop" incidents.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF YOUR IN THE TURN LANE, THERE IS ONCOMING TRAFFIC YOU CANT PULL INTO. STRAIGHT ROAD, HE COULD HAVE STEERED TO THE RIGHT AND MAYBE ONLY BLOCK 1 LANE. I DID HAVE A 73 FORD TRUCK BLOW UP ON ME. NO POWER STEERING AND I WAS ABLE TO GET IT TO THE SIDE OF THE STREET. BUT I WASNT HIGH, SO...
WEST V COP LOST HIS JOB. SO MAYBE THAT WASNT A GOOD DECISION. BY THAT THOUGHT PROCESS, SHOOT EM ALL AND WORK OUT THE DETAILS LATER?

livespive

No, following procedures would be a start.

As far as the car goes, like you said he could have started to steer right and only blacked "1 lane" but he still would have been in the street.
You don't know if the car stopped before he could do any of that. On the highway traffic could have prevented him from "coasting" left or right, and he coasted to a stop. People today drive like animals and don't consider courtesy any more ie going a lane to the left if someone is on the side of the road etc.

IF YOUR IN THE TURN LANE, THERE IS ONCOMING TRAFFIC YOU CANT PULL INTO. STRAIGHT ROAD, HE COULD HAVE STEERED TO THE RIGHT AND MAYBE ONLY BLOCK 1 LANE. I DID HAVE A 73 FORD TRUCK BLOW UP ON ME. NO POWER STEERING AND I WAS ABLE TO GET IT TO THE SIDE OF THE STREET. BUT I WASNT HIGH, SO...
WEST V COP LOST HIS JOB. SO MAYBE THAT WASNT A GOOD DECISION. BY THAT THOUGHT PROCESS, SHOOT EM ALL AND WORK OUT THE DETAILS LATER?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Not even close,

The last one was shot with his girl and significant other in the car, what shit is that.........

And lets for a moment say that you are right WHY DIDN'T THE COP IN WEST VA SHOOT THE WHITE GUY THAT WANTED SUISIDE BY COP?????!?!

Don't tell me it was because the lady was beside him, because the black guy got shot with a car full of innocent people.
I didn't designate any particular incident. I made a blanket statement speaking of most of the shootings where LO is involved. This looks lkke one of those times. I need to hear audio to be sure, because if he was being told to stop and drop, he knew he would be shot for noncompliance.

livespive

Yeah, but the problem with a blanket statement is that you are implying the majority, which here is not the case.

This incident maybe, but there have been to many where that was not the case.

Kind of like saying all hyper kids have Attention deficit disorder, and doping them up, when all you need to do is pay attention to them.

I didn't designate any particular incident. I made a blanket statement speaking of most of the shootings where LO is involved. This looks lkke one of those times. I need to hear audio to be sure, because if he was being told to stop and drop, he knew he would be shot for noncompliance.