Media is going to town..

livespive

Can't see it here at work, but they showed it on the news last night. Multiple angles show his hands up and doing what he was supposed to. also the other cop was in the middle of using his stun gun (like he was supposed to "if the guy wasn't doing what he was supposed to") when the female officer cam in and shot him........

Basically there needs to be body cameras on all officers that run all day that record on the camera and transmit back to the department like an ip camera. there also needs to be a group that is watching the feed much like mall security sits and watches the cameras. When dispatch gets a call, or the officer says he is responding someone needs to be watching that specific camera.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I've only seen two terrible videos of this and neither one clearly shows the victim. So, I can tell if he may have been reaching into his vehicle for a weapon, or maybe he tried to get into it, or what. I have no idea why he was still walking towards the vehicle. One would think that the cops would be telling him get down, or stop walking, or something. We can't hear the what the cops are saying to him and what, if anything, he is saying back. There's not enough info for me to form an opinion either way.

livespive

Yeah I guess you would have shot me in the bowling alley if you seen me throwing my old Visionary DC Warlock, and was thinking about saying something because the ball was pink ;)

I'm telling you though even if they would have shot him it should have been in the leg. there was no fast movement hell I could have thrown the bullet at him quicker than he was moving.

But live..........you look like a bad dude and "I'm going home to my kids at the end of the day".

livespive

Hands up is about all I need to see.
From where he was while the chopper was taping when he started walking back to the SUV he should have been stunned or shot in the leg (it was big enough not to miss)......

Not until he was by the SUV (when they thought no one could see it) and then shoot.

I've only seen two terrible videos of this and neither one clearly shows the victim. So, I can tell if he may have been reaching into his vehicle for a weapon, or maybe he tried to get into it, or what. I have no idea why he was still walking towards the vehicle. One would think that the cops would be telling him get down, or stop walking, or something. We can't hear the what the cops are saying to him and what, if anything, he is saying back. There's not enough info for me to form an opinion either way.

Robadat

Can't see it here at work, but they showed it on the news last night. Multiple angles show his hands up and doing what he was supposed to. also the other cop was in the middle of using his stun gun (like he was supposed to "if the guy wasn't doing what he was supposed to") when the female officer cam in and shot him........
Can't really tell what he was doing from the two feeds I saw on the NYPost site, couldn't view the other video. Looks like he may have been reaching into the vehicle. Can't hear what orders Police issued to him, but you can bet they didn't tell him walk away from them and reach into his vehicle. Not to make any excuses here, but they did say one cop used a taser, maybe the other cop mistook his reaction from that and thought he was making an aggressive move of some type.
Basically there needs to be body cameras on all officers that run all day that record on the camera and transmit back to the department like an ip camera. there also needs to be a group that is watching the feed much like mall security sits and watches the cameras. When dispatch gets a call, or the officer says he is responding someone needs to be watching that specific camera.
I don't think it's realistic to have someone watching camera feeds at all times, or even during encounters. Not even sure what someone watching a feed could do that would help prevent a "bad" shoot.

Perhaps, a more reasonable and practical solution would be to have patrol car cameras being recorded at all times and have body cameras linked to the patrol car video feed that begins taping when the officer exits the patrol car. Then we would have complete video of officer interactions from all officers that are involved showing what each officer saw during an encounter. Often different camera angles show things other cameras may not see.

livespive

Is it just me, or when I tried to replay the video, I get Trump and Clinton stuff, and a video of a man being stabbed in India?

This is what is on my screen:

http://nypost.com/video/why-hillary-clinton-thinks-a-frog-is-racist/

Rob you are just the person I wanted on this. The footage from last night, and the footage from the first time that I viewed the link before they tried to put wording in it show the guy about 2/3rds of the way between the SUV and the cop car (closer to the car).
He then turns with his hands up and walks to the SUV.........

Aren't you supposed to stop him before he gets back to his own car???? They had time because he wasn't running.

That's what I want to know. It isn't even about the shooting, it's is about them blowing the procedure and putting themselves in that position.

As far as the cameras go, it's not really about preventing the bad shot as much as it is finishing the investigation quicker.
I have thought about your idea before but there is the problem of the camera not starting when they get out of the car.

We use power monitors to monitor power quality events that run for a week to a month a time and change memory cards.
The camera can run the entire day, and the cards can be swapped at the end of the shift.

Can't really tell what he was doing from the two feeds I saw on the NYPost site, couldn't view the other video. Looks like he may have been reaching into the vehicle. Can't hear what orders Police issued to him, but you can bet they didn't tell him walk away from them and reach into his vehicle. Not to make any excuses here, but they did say one cop used a taser, maybe the other cop mistook his reaction from that and thought he was making an aggressive move of some type.

I don't think it's realistic to have someone watching camera feeds at all times, or even during encounters. Not even sure what someone watching a feed could do that would help prevent a "bad" shoot.

Perhaps, a more reasonable and practical solution would be to have patrol car cameras being recorded at all times and have body cameras linked to the patrol car video feed that begins taping when the officer exits the patrol car. Then we would have complete video of officer interactions from all officers that are involved showing what each officer saw during an encounter. Often different camera angles show things other cameras may not see.

livespive

Also, from the article, and from the news last noght :

Police have said Crutcher refused orders to put up his hands. It’s not clear from watching the video what other orders officers might have given him.........

So why is his hands up the entire time on both cameras???

Robadat

I agree that he should have been stopped by the cops before he reached his car. Poor training and/or tactics on their part. I definitely wouldn't have let him get back to his vehicle. They should have not stayed in a tight group like they were, at least one of them should have moved perpendicular to him and then all should have closed in on him before he got back to his car.

He appeared to have his hands up the entire time while walking to the car, but I couldn't tell what he was doing with them when he reached the door of his car from either camera angle. Were they still up or was he reaching into the car for something? I can't tell. Still, he should have been ordered to stop and not allowed an opportunity to get back to his car by the responding officers.

livespive

Right and that is probably the thing that upsets me the most is the piss poor training when you are in a position that has someone's life in your hands.......

People can say split second all they want, this was no where near split second decision making time.

I agree that he should have been stopped by the cops before he reached his car. Poor training and/or tactics on their part. I definitely wouldn't have let him get back to his vehicle. They should have not stayed in a tight group like they were, at least one of them should have moved perpendicular to him and then all should have closed in on him before he got back to his car.

He appeared to have his hands up the entire time while walking to the car, but I couldn't tell what he was doing with them when he reached the door of his car from either camera angle. Were they still up or was he reaching into the car for something? I can't tell. Still, he should have been ordered to stop and not allowed an opportunity to get back to his car by the responding officers.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Begs the question, why did it take all that for a stalled car?. That was where this all started. What probable cause did the police have?

livespive

As Seen in the first and second pictures that is when he should have been stopped, so no matter what happened they let it get out of hand.
In the video the guy is even saying looks like he has his hands up for her now. If he was going to continue to walk he should have been tazed then. there was plenty of time to do it.

No excuse, even if he was high as a kite, they didn't make any attempt to stop him until he was at the SUV.... WHY???!?

Just like the guy that got shot at the gas station but lived when he pulled out his wallet like he was told to do....WHY ?!?!?!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
As Seen in the first and second pictures that is when he should have been stopped, so no matter what happened they let it get out of hand.
In the video the guy is even saying looks like he has his hands up for her now. If he was going to continue to walk he should have been tazed then. there was plenty of time to do it.

No excuse, even if he was high as a kite, they didn't make any attempt to stop him until he was at the SUV.... WHY???!?

Just like the guy that got shot at the gas station but lived when he pulled out his wallet like he was told to do....WHY ?!?!?!
No argument here about that. He should have been tased and dropped long before he approached the vehicle. However, the media is making a huge deal of him being shot with his hands up, and that's not true.

livespive

Yeah, well this just in from the news tonight......

His window was up?????!?!?!? Uh oh

No argument here about that. He should have been tased and dropped long before he approached the vehicle. However, the media is making a huge deal of him being shot with his hands up, and that's not true.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
No way. If you can blow this up and look closely you can see the line of the top of the window half way up the track.

wrt.jpg

livespive

They did blow it up and there is a reflection. Now, the window might not have been all the way up. but it was up high enough to not be able to get anything out.