I Don't Want To Live With Any White Folks

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I'm not stereotyping ALL blacks, but the ones that I have worked with in the past would complain if they had to get their hands dirty or "demeaning" labor that they called "nigga work." They were constantly threatening to sue for this and that including to alert the NAACP for the silliest reasons. Eventually they would end up doing the simplest tasks and collect a check. We just let them have their way so they would shut the heck up and stop making everyone else's lives miserable.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
It doesn't matter. I've lost jobs because I was too young. I've lost jobs because I'm heavy. Women can lose jobs because they aren't pretty. Life isn't fair.
Exactly. But by god you WILL hire an unqualified black just because they are black. It doesn't matter if whitey is more qualified. The race card will be pulled and you will be sued. Then, you put up with the constant threats of racism if you don't cater to every demand. Affirmative Action is throwing gas on a raging fire.

livespive

You can close a blind eye if you want, but it does matter.

All if the items you just mentioned can be equal, but the skin color can not. Not saying that they should be doing the others either.

You can have to people the same size, or the same age, if the boss is racist he will pick the younger/ fatter/ prettier white person even though the minority might be more qualified.

It doesn't matter. I've lost jobs because I was too young. I've lost jobs because I'm heavy. Women can lose jobs because they aren't pretty. Life isn't fair.

livespive

Yeah, Chris Rock does a routine on niggas vs. black folks. Pretty funny, and it is exactly what you are talking about.

On edit:

Found it:

I'm not stereotyping ALL blacks, but the ones that I have worked with in the past would complain if they had to get their hands dirty or "demeaning" labor that they called "nigga work." They were constantly threatening to sue for this and that including to alert the NAACP for the silliest reasons. Eventually they would end up doing the simplest tasks and collect a check. We just let them have their way so they would shut the heck up and stop making everyone else's lives miserable.

Last edited:

REVerse °

Addicted Member
A few years ago my wife, son, and I went to a bowling center in SC that was managed by a black fellow. He was polite and took our names as we waited on a lane. The place was packed. After about 30 minutes- I noticed that white people were waiting while blacks, Asians, and a few middle eastern looking folks were bowling. Another black couple came in and after a few minutes- they were bowling as well. We just left and another white couple followed. I went back the next day and had a little chat with upper management. Seems we weren't the only ones that were sent to the back of the line. Management informed me that other whites were treated the same way and the manager had been dealt with. Racism lives in all colors.

livespive

+1

A few years ago my wife, son, and I went to a bowling center in SC that was managed by a black fellow. He was polite and took our names as we waited on a lane. The place was packed. After about 30 minutes- I noticed that white people were waiting while blacks, Asians, and a few middle eastern looking folks were bowling. Another black couple came in and after a few minutes- they were bowling as well. We just left and another white couple followed. I went back the next day and had a little chat with upper management. Seems we weren't the only ones that were sent to the back of the line. Management informed me that other whites were treated the same way and the manager had been dealt with. Racism lives in all colors.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It's not preferential, it is leveling the field.

If there are 100 positions and the boss is known to screw the minority while hiring. If Affirmative Action mandates that 10% be minorities, at least he can't screw the 10 best minorities out of a job........

Now I know it doesn't work all of the time in that there might not be any qualified minorities for the position, but they have to hire some anyway, but it give the qualified ones a fighting chance.
My point is, tho, sometimes it ends up where a minority HAS to be hired in place of someone more qualified. That should be grounds for a discrimination suit.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
UNTIL WE ARE ALL BORN 1 COLOR, 1 SIZE, NON FLAWLESS, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE DISCRIMINATION AND RACISM. I DONT KNOW 1 PERSON WHO IN THEIR LIFETIME HAS NOT SHOWN OR SPOKEN SOME FORM OF RACISM OR DISCRIMINATION. WHETHER TO THEMSELF OR OTHERS. AS LONG AS THE WORLD TURNS, ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

livespive

You can't become one race without interracial dating :Biggrin:

UNTIL WE ARE ALL BORN 1 COLOR, 1 SIZE, NON FLAWLESS, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE DISCRIMINATION AND RACISM. I DONT KNOW 1 PERSON WHO IN THEIR LIFETIME HAS NOT SHOWN OR SPOKEN SOME FORM OF RACISM OR DISCRIMINATION. WHETHER TO THEMSELF OR OTHERS. AS LONG AS THE WORLD TURNS, ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

MI2AZ

This has been an interesting discussion so far.

I will say that there is still discrimination going on especially in hiring of minorities. Seen that first hand, even in the Fed govt. Sad part is if you try to be a whistle blower/complainer, you will lose your job or be forced to take an early retirement. There is still a strong good old boy network in place.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
This has been an interesting discussion so far.

I will say that there is still discrimination going on especially in hiring of minorities.
I think some businesses are scared to hire blacks, in a sense. They don't want the drama and threats with lawsuits and constant nitpicking, finger pointing, and outbursts. I have worked around Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Costa Ricans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Thai, Hmong, and a few others. By far- the most difficult were American blacks. It was like- not this again. What now? What kind of drama do we have to put up with today? You know, the double face palm. Why, why, why? Is it Friday, yet? Sorry folks, but I will pick a foreign LEGAL minority over a black any day of the week.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THIS HAS BEEN A PRETTY GOOD THREAD MI2.
AGREED REV. ITS NEVER ENOUGH. NO MATER WHAT IT WAS, IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
You can close a blind eye if you want, but it does matter.

All if the items you just mentioned can be equal, but the skin color can not. Not saying that they should be doing the others either.

You can have to people the same size, or the same age, if the boss is racist he will pick the younger/ fatter/ prettier white person even though the minority might be more qualified.
Not buying it one bit.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Not buying it one bit.
I'm not buying that philosophy, either. American blacks are not the only people in this country with non-white skin. American blacks are NOT exclusive and the more they DEMAND to be a socially restricted patronage (BLM, NAACP), the more unpopular they become. I have absolutely no sympathy for those people.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I think some businesses are scared to hire blacks, in a sense. They don't want the drama and threats with lawsuits and constant nitpicking, finger pointing, and outbursts. I have worked around Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Costa Ricans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Thai, Hmong, and a few others. By far- the most difficult were American blacks. It was like- not this again. What now? What kind of drama do we have to put up with today? You know, the double face palm. Why, why, why? Is it Friday, yet? Sorry folks, but I will pick a foreign LEGAL minority over a black any day of the week.
And here's the issue, I think... Livespive is right that discrimination still exists, although (maybe I'm wrong) if a black person can get to the interview I think they've got a fair shot to make a good impression and get the job.

My wife's name sounds black (actually Native American, although everyone else with her name I've met has been black). Studies have shown (and based on our experience, I think it's accurate) that black people have a harder time even getting to the interview. And this is where I think Reverse's post comes into play. Right or wrong, stereotypes for blacks are still strong in this country. So if an employer has a single bad experience with a black employee, the stereotype is reinforced and they will resist. BUT, unlike the past I think most employers will give a fair shake in an interview. It's just getting there...

And yes, my wife has never had much success landing an interview from sending in resumes. Almost all of the interviews she has had were the result of attending job fairs where she was able to make an introduction face to face, or from knowing someone on the inside who could put in a good word for her.

So yeah, while maybe not as bad as it has been in the past, discrimination still exists in the hiring process.