I Don't Want To Live With Any White Folks

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND WASNT IT FAIRLY RECENTLY THAT THE NAACP FIRED A CHICK BECAUSE SHE WAS WHITE. I KNOW I KNOW, SHE LIED. BUT, SHE WAS FIRED BECAUSE SHE WAS WHITE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
And here's the issue, I think... Livespive is right that discrimination still exists, although (maybe I'm wrong) if a black person can get to the interview I think they've got a fair shot to make a good impression and get the job.

My wife's name sounds black (actually Native American, although everyone else with her name I've met has been black). Studies have shown (and based on our experience, I think it's accurate) that black people have a harder time even getting to the interview. And this is where I think Reverse's post comes into play. Right or wrong, stereotypes for blacks are still strong in this country. So if an employer has a single bad experience with a black employee, the stereotype is reinforced and they will resist. BUT, unlike the past I think most employers will give a fair shake in an interview. It's just getting there...

And yes, my wife has never had much success landing an interview from sending in resumes. Almost all of the interviews she has had were the result of attending job fairs where she was able to make an introduction face to face, or from knowing someone on the inside who could put in a good word for her.

So yeah, while maybe not as bad as it has been in the past, discrimination still exists in the hiring process.

Point being, how do the blacks ever expect to be taken seriously when they behave the way they do? Cop shoots white guy, life goes on. Cop shoots black guy, businesses are emptied out and city is burned. Like it or not, that type of behavior carries over to the non-violent and productive blacks. Burning and looting is NOT the path out of this. Education and civil behavior is.

MI2AZ

I keep telling her to lie on the application when it asks "Is your husband a sheep fucker?", but she won't do it! :Roflmao:

If she doesn't want to lie, have her cross out one of the e's in that question, then she can answer honestly. Unless you have slept with a Shep?

:)

Djarum300

Addicted Member
And here's the issue, I think... Livespive is right that discrimination still exists, although (maybe I'm wrong) if a black person can get to the interview I think they've got a fair shot to make a good impression and get the job.

My wife's name sounds black (actually Native American, although everyone else with her name I've met has been black). Studies have shown (and based on our experience, I think it's accurate) that black people have a harder time even getting to the interview. And this is where I think Reverse's post comes into play. Right or wrong, stereotypes for blacks are still strong in this country. So if an employer has a single bad experience with a black employee, the stereotype is reinforced and they will resist. BUT, unlike the past I think most employers will give a fair shake in an interview. It's just getting there...

And yes, my wife has never had much success landing an interview from sending in resumes. Almost all of the interviews she has had were the result of attending job fairs where she was able to make an introduction face to face, or from knowing someone on the inside who could put in a good word for her.

So yeah, while maybe not as bad as it has been in the past, discrimination still exists in the hiring process.
At my previous job we, in two separate occasions, hired visa'd Indians. Both ended up being bad hires for various reasons. My manager would shove Indian sounding names to the bottom of the pile. Is it wrong? Sure. It's just how it goes. I've got a white sounding name. But as soon as they see me, because I'm heavy, I'm stereotyped as lazy.

livespive

You both are still missing the point........

It is not about blacks, all things being equal the advantage goes to the white man no matter if the other person is black brown red yellow.

that is the point. I will agree that a lot of blacks think it's just for them, but it is not.

I'm not buying that philosophy, either. American blacks are not the only people in this country with non-white skin. American blacks are NOT exclusive and the more they DEMAND to be a socially restricted patronage (BLM, NAACP), the more unpopular they become. I have absolutely no sympathy for those people.

livespive

And that is why my first name is Eric.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
You both are still missing the point........

It is not about blacks, all things being equal the advantage goes to the white man no matter if the other person is black brown red yellow.

that is the point. I will agree that a lot of blacks think it's just for them, but it is not.
You have a good attitude. I admire that.

bbfreeburn

"My wife's name sounds black (actually Native American, although everyone else with her name I've met has been black)."

Just a small sidebar here. I have a good friend (female) who was a triple jumper in college. When she went to meets at other schools she was always housed/roomies with black girls. Her name is Dinah. No racism here, just sayin'.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
"My wife's name sounds black (actually Native American, although everyone else with her name I've met has been black)."

Just a small sidebar here. I have a good friend (female) who was a triple jumper in college. When she went to meets at other schools she was always housed/roomies with black girls. Her name is Dinah. No racism here, just sayin'.
Was someone in the kitchen with her?

Oh, shit. You KNOW I had to say it! ;)

livespive

See now this is a good one......

I am black and heavy, but yet I never been perceived as lazy.

Not saying I have a bubbly personality, but people will listen to me.

At my previous job we, in two separate occasions, hired visa'd Indians. Both ended up being bad hires for various reasons. My manager would shove Indian sounding names to the bottom of the pile. Is it wrong? Sure. It's just how it goes. I've got a white sounding name. But as soon as they see me, because I'm heavy, I'm stereotyped as lazy.

livespive

Yeah, I went to school with a white girl like that too.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
...and I highly doubt it will get national attention. Doesn't fit the narrative. Mainstream Media has blood on their hands for stoking the flames of racism. I will rejoice the day George Soros is arrested and found guilty of aiding and abetting by funding BLM and other hate groups.