Well, it finally happened...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I have absolutely no idea our blood type. I had some chills and chest congestion, which is why I didn't think we had it. TG had sinus/post nasal drip caugh but lots of fatigue. We both lost our sense of taste and smell, but not to the degree we've heard some. I could taste sweet and salty. Nothing in between though. My symptoms lasted about a week. TGs lasted longer.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Nope. I've been tested 3 times during symptoms and all negative. I've never had a positive test. My first round was January of 20
Dear Greg T:

Obviously, based on how you describe your personal situation and symptoms, everything seems to point to COVID. And I'm the farthest thing from a medical doctor, and I mean no disrespect whatsoever when asking the following question.

Are you and/or your physicians absolutely certain that you DO have COVID? If so, despite the symptoms you describe, it does seem (from a non-expert viewpoint) that it's a unique type of COVID situation. And when you say that your "first round" was in January of last year, I'm of the understanding that the first community transmission of COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. in early February 2020.

But what do I know? With regard to this situation, I do have MUCH TO LEARN, and likely will always have much to learn.

God bless you going forward, my friend, and I hope your situation -- whatever it is -- eases up and finally disappears completely.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Obviously, based on how you describe your personal situation and symptoms, everything seems to point to COVID. And I'm the farthest thing from a medical doctor, and I mean no disrespect whatsoever when asking the following question.

Are you and/or your physicians absolutely certain that you DO have COVID? If so, despite the symptoms you describe, it does seem (from a non-expert viewpoint) that it's a unique type of COVID situation. And when you say that your "first round" was in January of last year, I'm of the understanding that the first community transmission of COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. in early February 2020.

But what do I know? With regard to this situation, I do have MUCH TO LEARN, and likely will always have much to learn.

God bless you going forward, my friend, and I hope your situation -- whatever it is -- eases up and finally disappears completely.
I cannot prove my illness were covid. As I said, all my tests were negative. But here is what happened. Keep in mind that I am an over weight asthmatic with high blood pressure and heart PVCs. I began a bit of inflammation in my bronchial tubes the last week of january, 2020. On Feb 4 or 5th I saw my family doc because I thought it was asthma and my inhalers weren't effective. My cough was very tight, dry and sounded like a squeak. I was also a bit tired at the time and a little short of breath. I was given a sulfa script and sent home. Three days later I called her again because my cough was worsening and I had a head ache. She took my immediately, listened to my chest. My temp was still normal, but my lungs were dry and tight. A second script was given on top of my first. Thats two antibiotics I'm taking at this point, but just as I was getting ready to leave, my nurse called me back in. She said the doc had changed her mind. So, I received a shot of some really potent sulfa, and a script for prednisone. The prednisone was three times the strength I normally get for asthma attacks. I started on 60mg/day and tapered. Moving ahead, about 10 days goes by and I'm getting better, another week and I'm feeling stronger and cough is nearly gone. So, we're about 4 weeks into this endeavor now, and suddenly one morning I could not taste my green tea and peanut butter toast!!! I'm pissed!! No taste or smell at all. I didn't go back to the doc, just decided to wait it out. Slowly it returned and I was my old self again. This first time was a 5+ week ordeal. It was around this time we started hearing about covid. I found it quite interesting that the first treatments doctors were trying turned out to be antibiotics and corticosteroids. Hhmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why I got called back into the exam room .....

Fast forward to (I think) September, and one night I went to bed as usual. Felt good, got to sleep, as is good. Got up to piss at about 3AM and felt fine. Went back to bed and began shivering, freezing. Well, needless to say, my temp was up to about 103°. This is the strange part. I have not had a fever since I was 12. Never. Once I had my tonsils out I had not had an elevated temp since. Now, here I am at 103°, packed in quilts, and feeling I'd been hit with a dump truck. The fever actually broke by about noon the next day but I was extremely weak and tired. Made some green tea, yup, no taste again. Took me a week to shake all that off and get back to normal. Since then, I have lost my taste and smell about 4 times to date. Now I am reading about groups of people they are calling Long Haulers. Basically, the members of this group continue to experience symptoms but always test negative. And, the issue I had at first is that there were no tests. I tried for months afterwards to get an antibody test so I would know for sure if I had it, but there nearest test I could find was in detroit and they wanted $800.00 for it. By the time a test became available up here, I was told not to bother because their detection only spans about 2 to 3 months. So, at this point, I have no way of proving infection. But after reading oodles, and speaking to people who were infected, I think I'm guilty by association.

I was a mystery to me WHY some people were dying and some barely had a sniffle. So I began speaking to as many survivors as I could. The data about blood is what I found. The one thing that COULD possibly mess up my conclusion is that MANY people I spoke with did not know their blood type.

Scolai

My blood type is A+. My symptoms are loss of smell/taste, minor muscle soreness, minor nasal congestion with postnasal drip, and minor fatigue (which could be from spending 23 hours a day in the same room).

I'm sitting here writing this on day four, post testing (day 5 or 6 of actual symptoms). The only meds I'm taking now are NSAIDs for body aches. Except for the fact that this is a confirmed COVID case, I would normally go to work feeling this way. In 27 years of teaching, I can't number the times I've gone to school feeling like I do now (or worse).

The solitude is OK, but I miss holding my wife and being with the family.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I cannot prove my illness were covid. As I said, all my tests were negative. But here is what happened. Keep in mind that I am an over weight asthmatic with high blood pressure and heart PVCs. I began a bit of inflammation in my bronchial tubes the last week of january, 2020. On Feb 4 or 5th I saw my family doc because I thought it was asthma and my inhalers weren't effective. My cough was very tight, dry and sounded like a squeak. I was also a bit tired at the time and a little short of breath. I was given a sulfa script and sent home. Three days later I called her again because my cough was worsening and I had a head ache. She took my immediately, listened to my chest. My temp was still normal, but my lungs were dry and tight. A second script was given on top of my first. Thats two antibiotics I'm taking at this point, but just as I was getting ready to leave, my nurse called me back in. She said the doc had changed her mind. So, I received a shot of some really potent sulfa, and a script for prednisone. The prednisone was three times the strength I normally get for asthma attacks. I started on 60mg/day and tapered. Moving ahead, about 10 days goes by and I'm getting better, another week and I'm feeling stronger and cough is nearly gone. So, we're about 4 weeks into this endeavor now, and suddenly one morning I could not taste my green tea and peanut butter toast!!! I'm pissed!! No taste or smell at all. I didn't go back to the doc, just decided to wait it out. Slowly it returned and I was my old self again. This first time was a 5+ week ordeal. It was around this time we started hearing about covid. I found it quite interesting that the first treatments doctors were trying turned out to be antibiotics and corticosteroids. Hhmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why I got called back into the exam room .....

Fast forward to (I think) September, and one night I went to bed as usual. Felt good, got to sleep, as is good. Got up to piss at about 3AM and felt fine. Went back to bed and began shivering, freezing. Well, needless to say, my temp was up to about 103°. This is the strange part. I have not had a fever since I was 12. Never. Once I had my tonsils out I had not had an elevated temp since. Now, here I am at 103°, packed in quilts, and feeling I'd been hit with a dump truck. The fever actually broke by about noon the next day but I was extremely weak and tired. Made some green tea, yup, no taste again. Took me a week to shake all that off and get back to normal. Since then, I have lost my taste and smell about 4 times to date. Now I am reading about groups of people they are calling Long Haulers. Basically, the members of this group continue to experience symptoms but always test negative. And, the issue I had at first is that there were no tests. I tried for months afterwards to get an antibody test so I would know for sure if I had it, but there nearest test I could find was in detroit and they wanted $800.00 for it. By the time a test became available up here, I was told not to bother because their detection only spans about 2 to 3 months. So, at this point, I have no way of proving infection. But after reading oodles, and speaking to people who were infected, I think I'm guilty by association.

I was a mystery to me WHY some people were dying and some barely had a sniffle. So I began speaking to as many survivors as I could. The data about blood is what I found. The one thing that COULD possibly mess up my conclusion is that MANY people I spoke with did not know their blood type.
You could have an antibody test done. Kroger here was doing them for 25 dollars at the Pharmacy. No idea how reliable.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You could have an antibody test done. Kroger here was doing them for 25 dollars at the Pharmacy. No idea how reliable.
I mentioned in the post that an antibody test is only good for 2 to 3 months. After that the test will not detect the anti bodies.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I mentioned in the post that an antibody test is only good for 2 to 3 months. After that the test will not detect the anti bodies.
I was under the impression that you had gotten it again. Or more to the point, while its likely that you have symptoms that have popped up again from a previous infection, its also jiust as likely that you contracted it again and that would show up on an antibody test.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I was under the impression that you had gotten it again. Or more to the point, while its likely that you have symptoms that have popped up again from a previous infection, its also jiust as likely that you contracted it again and that would show up on an antibody test.
I was tested for the virus when I went in with the Sept symptoms and was negative. It was around that time that I began seeing things on tv, internet, etc about long haulers. My chronic symptom is losing my taste and smell. Have that once or twice a month. My fever episode was a one time ordeal so far. Hopefully, not again.

Scolai

So the good news came back this morning that I am now negative for COVID, just 6 days after my positive test results came in. I was tested on Tuesday last week for my positive diagnosis. I tested on Monday this week and came back negative. Basically, I lived with COVID for 4-6 days before ever realizing that I was infected. It wasn't until I lost smell/taste that I was aware of my situation.

An no one else in my house was affected by the virus.

So I'm out of quarantine and among the world of the living again.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
So the good news came back this morning that I am now negative for COVID, just 6 days after my positive test results came in. I was tested on Tuesday last week for my positive diagnosis. I tested on Monday this week and came back negative. Basically, I lived with COVID for 4-6 days before ever realizing that I was infected. It wasn't until I lost smell/taste that I was aware of my situation.

Dear Scolai:

Great news, and God bless you, my forum friend!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

Fantastic!! Wanna take a survey? How severe were your symptoms? Were they classic symptoms? And what blood type do you have?

Scolai

Fantastic!! Wanna take a survey? How severe were your symptoms? Were they classic symptoms? And what blood type do you have?
Symptoms - mild to non-existent. I didn't know I was COVID positive until I lost my senses of taste and smell, which usually happens around day 5 of infection. I had mild nasal congestion and a bit of fatigue. No classic symptoms like fever, cough, or sneezing (never a fever, occasional cough or sneeze).
Blood type, as previously mentioned, is A+

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Symptoms - mild to non-existent. I didn't know I was COVID positive until I lost my senses of taste and smell, which usually happens around day 5 of infection. I had mild nasal congestion and a bit of fatigue. No classic symptoms like fever, cough, or sneezing (never a fever, occasional cough or sneeze).
Blood type, as previously mentioned, is A+
Now thats strange. Goes against my previous data. Hhhmmmmmm

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BLOOD TYPE MAY BE A FACTOR G. BUT I ALSO THINK SOMEONES HEALTHY HABITS MAY BE A PART OF IT TOO. YOU KNOW SCOLAI IS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE AND MAYBE SEVENS SON IS TOO. AND I DONT KNOW THAT BLOOD TYPE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEMS. I HAVNT EVER HEARD THAT, BUT MAYBE?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
BLOOD TYPE MAY BE A FACTOR G. BUT I ALSO THINK SOMEONES HEALTHY HABITS MAY BE A PART OF IT TOO. YOU KNOW SCOLAI IS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE AND MAYBE SEVENS SON IS TOO. AND I DONT KNOW THAT BLOOD TYPE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEMS. I HAVNT EVER HEARD THAT, BUT MAYBE?
Dear WAMO:

Thanks, Doctor, for your "expert factual analysis." You really have a solid grip on things.

In three sentences, you've used all of the following ...

* MAY be (twice)
* I also think
* You know
* Maybe (twice)
* I don't know

* I haven't heard that

... so what is anyone to conclude from that speculative drivel?

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Thanks, Doctor, for your "expert factual analysis." You really have a solid grip on things.

In three sentences, you've used all of the following ...

* MAY be (twice)
* I also think
* You know
* Maybe (twice)
* I don't know

* I haven't heard that

... so what is anyone to conclude from that speculative drivel?
Really AW??????

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SEVEN. HE IS JUST TROLLING ME. HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO. HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT CAMARADERIE IN HERE. YET WHEN A THREAD IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY AMONGST ALL PARTICIPANTS, HE CHANGES THE TONE BY SINGLEING ME OUT. AND SIMPLY ADDING TO THE CONVERSATION. I SAID NOTHING TO ANTAGONIZE ANYONE. WE WERE ALL GETTING ALONG JUST FINE UNTIL AW DECIDED TO TRY AND START A BATTLE WITH ME. LIKE HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT HIM IN HERE MANY MANY TIMES. YET, HE CONTINUES. IF HE WANTS TO BE A MEAN SPIRITED OLD DUDE, FINE. LET HIM BE MEAN SPIRITED.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SEVEN. HE IS JUST TROLLING ME. HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO. HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT CAMARADERIE IN HERE. YET WHEN A THREAD IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY AMONGST ALL PARTICIPANTS, HE CHANGES THE TONE BY SINGLEING ME OUT. AND SIMPLY ADDING TO THE CONVERSATION. I SAID NOTHING TO ANTAGONIZE ANYONE. WE WERE ALL GETTING ALONG JUST FINE UNTIL AW DECIDED TO TRY AND START A BATTLE WITH ME. LIKE HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT HIM IN HERE MANY MANY TIMES. YET, HE CONTINUES. IF HE WANTS TO BE A MEAN SPIRITED OLD DUDE, FINE. LET HIM BE MEAN SPIRITED.
Dear WAMO:

C'mon! Don't hold back! Tell me how you REALLY feel.