Thoughts on stimulus

Djarum300

Addicted Member
There seems to be an overwhelming majority of conservatives not to be conservative. Why the hell is the GOP approving of such nonsense?

I'm a true fiscal conservative in every sense of what that means. I know what Trump asked for. I only agree for more stimulus money if and only if that money came from other pork in the bills.

The stimulus is an effective UBI. Not everyone needs the stimulus. Mostly blue states shut down are the ones being effected the most. Let them pay for it through extended unemployment benefits.

I just can't believe these so called conservatives with just handing money out.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
There seems to be an overwhelming majority of conservatives not to be conservative. Why the hell is the GOP approving of such nonsense?

I'm a true fiscal conservative in every sense of what that means. I know what Trump asked for. I only agree for more stimulus money if and only if that money came from other pork in the bills.

The stimulus is an effective UBI. Not everyone needs the stimulus. Mostly blue states shut down are the ones being effected the most. Let them pay for it through extended unemployment benefits.

I just can't believe these so called conservatives with just handing money out.
They're not. The Senate shot it down.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Mcconnell:

“Look, it’s no secret that Republicans have a diversity of views about the wisdom of borrowing hundreds of billions more to send out more non-targeted money, including to many households that have suffered no loss of income during this crisis,” McConnell continued. “COVID-19 has not affected all households equally. Not even close. It is hardly clear that the federal government’s top priority should be sending thousands of dollars to, for example, a childless couple making well into six figures who have been comfortably teleworking all year. Our duty is to get help to the people who need help. Like we did to an historic degree just four days ago.”

Am I the only conservative that thinks this makes sense? Lots of republicans disagree with mcconnell. Trump does too. I think they are wrong.

The article has the full quote.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
BULLSHIT! I'll take all I can get when I can get it. Maybe I'd think differently if I wasn't worried about getting fucked out of the SS I have been forced to pay into and may very likely never see full benefits as promised.

Besides, they can pass all kind of pork filled bills to fund all sorts of overpriced under-delivered wasteful shit as payback to campaign contributors, but I'm supposed to feel guilty because I got $3600 (wife and I) of "free" money we can put into our IRA's? FUCK THAT! It's pennies on the dollar compared to what they've extorted from me over the years on their SS pyramid scheme pipe dream that they refuse to accept responsibility for.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
BULLSHIT! I'll take all I can get when I can get it. Maybe I'd think differently if I wasn't worried about getting fucked out of the SS I have been forced to pay into and may very likely never see full benefits as promised.

Besides, they can pass all kind of pork filled bills to fund all sorts of overpriced under-delivered wasteful shit as payback to campaign contributors, but I'm supposed to feel guilty because I got $3600 (wife and I) of "free" money we can put into our IRA's? FUCK THAT! It's pennies on the dollar compared to what they've extorted from me over the years on their SS pyramid scheme pipe dream that they refuse to accept responsibility for.
I don't disagree with the premise with your second paragraph. They spend trillions on pork. Keep in mind:

1. The money that they give us isn't the money that we already have given them. The money have given them is long spent.
2. The money they give us is money borrowed on inflation. That 2k they give us today will cost us 4k 5 years from now. You might break even by putting the money in your IRA. The only thing keeping inflation at Bay is that people are saving. A year from now spending will increase along with inflation. Heck, groceries are costing 10 percent more than they used too just 6 months ago.

Last edited: