The elephant in the room; discussion

livespive

Sounds good, but all are we putting in this license renewal???

Mental health exam? We have already said that this is needed now.
Re-do you background check? Sure

Part of the truth is people not doing their job. In too many of these shooting people told authorities, and they didn't do anything.
So what will retesting do?????

Just like the service man that was dishonorably discharged (I forget the reason) and got his hands on a gun.
The system was supposed to stop him, and that was federal level, so once again adding more will not help,
fix what we have.

Ok i am all for guns, I believe in the 2nd amendment , but we should treat it like a driver's license it needs to get renewed every few years and you should have to take a state or federal test. This way we might have a chance to weed out the nut cases.
And no this does not take away any law abiding citizens rights away. Sorry something has to change.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Sounds good, but all are we putting in this license renewal???

Mental health exam? We have already said that this is needed now.
Re-do you background check? Sure

Part of the truth is people not doing their job. In too many of these shooting people told authorities, and they didn't do anything.
So what will retesting do?????

Just like the service man that was dishonorably discharged (I forget the reason) and got his hands on a gun.
The system was supposed to stop him, and that was federal level, so once again adding more will not help,
fix what we have.
You're correct but I was just thinking that is a system already in place and it would be easier to implement, plus trained individuals would fiscally see the person better to make a judgement in that person.
Just a thought

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Hollywood perpetuates gun violence more than any other source.
I STILL say it's not gun violence. It's plain violence. I say this because the main reason these people do this is to kill. Not just to shoot a gun. But to kill. take away the tool, they get another tool. U.K. found out. No guns, but way more stabbings and rapes/beatings than the U.S. Japan found out. highest suicide rate (I think) than anywhere else in the world.

Good Times Good Times

(conveniently ignoring how crime rates have plummeted over time) Surely if these kids got a good spanking or two they'd never think about picking up that AK.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
(conveniently ignoring how crime rates have plummeted over time) Surely if these kids got a good spanking or two they'd never think about picking up that AK.
There is much truth in what you say. But to add to that, we need to be more hands on with kids, pay more attention to them and stop using the internet, Netflix, and video games as babysitters. Some of these kids probably need some counselling in their early years instead of not noticing something until they're 18 years old. By then, the docs just pump in some Prozac, Celexa, or some other SSRI and think it's all good. It's not the drugs that are doing all the damage. It's the lack of mental care and attention when the kids are young. The parent aren't close enough to their kids to even notice problematic behavior.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Growing up, my cousins had cap busters and squirt guns. My dad would not allow me to play with their toy guns. I couldn't understand why. Later on, at 12 yrs old, my Dad bought me a Red Ryder BB gun. Before shooting it, he made me read the manual cover to cover. Then, he explained how to handle the gun safely. Looking back I can see why he did it this way. Education and gun safety go a long way. At 15 he bought me a Glenfield .22 semi auto rifle. I still have it. Later I inherited my great grandfather's 12 gauge shotgun. Still have that as well... My son is not interested in guns. Guess my AR-15 will be with me until I die.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAVE AN IDEA FOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, WORK PLACE SHOOTINGS AND CHURCH SHOOTINGS.
WOULDNT IT MAKE MORE SINCE TO CLOSE ALL THESE PLACES TO PROTECT PEOPLE INSTEAD OF STIFFER GUN CONTROL?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
AND I LIKE THE COMPARISON BETWEEN GUN ADDICTS AND HEROIN ADDICTS. BOTH FEEL THE NEED TO SHOOT SOMETHING. :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
I admit, I'm guilty of falling into the camp that comedian Jim Jeffries describes in his stand up as, "I like guns. FUCK YOU! DON'T TAKE MY GUNS!!!" :Laugh:

And I'm not even an avid gun guy. I just like to go out and shoot once in a while. Could be talked into hunting again - although I'm lazy and well off enough that I don't feel like killing anything because I'd have to clean it.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I admit, I'm guilty of falling into the camp that comedian Jim Jeffries describes in his stand up as, "I like guns. FUCK YOU! DON'T TAKE MY GUNS!!!" :Laugh:

And I'm not even an avid gun guy. I just like to go out and shoot once in a while. Could be talked into hunting again - although I'm lazy and well off enough that I don't feel like killing anything because I'd have to clean it.
And your sheep

bbfreeburn

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, WORK PLACE SHOOTINGS AND CHURCH SHOOTINGS.
WOULDNT IT MAKE MORE SINCE TO CLOSE ALL THESE PLACES TO PROTECT PEOPLE INSTEAD OF STIFFER GUN CONTROL?
Then we would have to do it in the grocery store and bowling alley.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAVE TO LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR AWHILE. THERE IS A NEW IMOGEN SIGHTING. STAY AWAY FROM HER TOBATS.