Is the BR forum in its final throes?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Just for the heck of it, I just took my very first look at the ballreviews.com forum in more than four months, and whereas the number of active forum members always used to include dozens of people (at a minimum), there were only nine active members logged on -- and I didn't recognize the names of any of them.

Is that an anomaly, or is that a commonplace situation nowadays?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
It's the weekend and end of league season.
Dear MI2AZ:

I used to check the number of BR forum visitors frequently, and there was NEVER a number as low as 9, and there were ALWAYS quite a few names (of posters) that I recognized.

stc067

I think all the bowling forums slow down considerably at this time of year. I just visited BR, and there isn't much happening besides some discussion about EBI's new releases.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I think all the bowling forums slow down considerably at this time of year. I just visited BR, and there isn't much happening besides some discussion about EBI's new releases.
Dear stc067:

The BR forums certainly didn't "slow down" last summer, but of course, too much of the activity involved such things as personal attacks.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't recall the "regular" boards being a problem over there. It was just the assholes in the "misc. non-bowling" section that brought the site down.

In hindsight, I don't blame them for shutting it down since they didn't want to mod it. [Conspiracy Theory Mode] It may have even been the site owner/mods themselves creating the asshole Id's so they could justify closing it. [/Conspiracy Theory]

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't recall the "regular" boards being a problem over there. It was just the assholes in the "misc. non-bowling" section that brought the site down.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Of course, it wasn't the "regular" boards causing the problem. However, regardless of how you look at it, there was far more forum "traffic" and participation a year ago, both in the moderated and non-moderated areas. Even if you were to disregard the non-moderated participation, there were always a lot more taking part in the overall BR forum concept.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In hindsight, I don't blame them for shutting it down since they didn't want to mod it. [Conspiracy Theory Mode]
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Actually, if they weren't going to moderate the problematic Miscellaneous forum, they should have shut it down long before they did. It was virtually nothing but "trouble" for a long time.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
True on the trouble part. Nobody was ever happy with that board. It was unmodded and people bitched. They modded it and people bitched. They unmodded it again and people bitched...

Actually surprised they didn't shut it down long before they did for those reasons.

But, makes me appreciate Tony and "ABmod" for their work here. So far, it's relatively bitch free! ;)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BR could have easily fixed the problems on the NBR forum. I tried my best to talk to them behind the scenes (Yes, I understand that I played a big part in the turmoil) but most of the time everything fell on deaf ears. I rarely received responses for my efforts, and when I did it was some generic two liner like "put So&So on ignore. That will help." Look at the problems here when we migrated. Took a couple on months, maybe, but the problems have been solved. The rest of them could migrate, if their pride wasn't holding them back, and there would still be very few problems. It's not rocket surgery or brain science. It's common sense.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
But, makes me appreciate Tony and "ABmod" for their work here. So far, it's relatively bitch free! ;)
That's for sure ... and as long as Tony and ABMod continue to do a good job (as they have done heretofore), it should remain relatively bitch-free -- at least, with regard to personal attacks.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
BR could have easily fixed the problems on the NBR forum. I tried my best to talk to them behind the scenes (Yes, I understand that I played a big part in the turmoil) but most of the time everything fell on deaf ears. I rarely received responses for my efforts, and when I did it was some generic two liner like "put So&So on ignore. That will help." Look at the problems here when we migrated. Took a couple on months, maybe, but the problems have been solved. The rest of them could migrate, if their pride wasn't holding them back, and there would still be very few problems. It's not rocket surgery or brain science. It's common sense.
There is no telling how many "aliases" one banned member had. That would explain the lack of migration.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Spot on, Greg!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Anyway, who cares? We flushed those Turds and Tony gave us a better home. :Biggrin: If others decided to not join the camaraderie here, that's on them. We offered to let bygones be bygones, we have offered inclusion (even to those who arguably don't deserve it), that's all we can do.

stc067

Dear stc067:

The BR forums certainly didn't "slow down" last summer, but of course, too much of the activity involved such things as personal attacks.
I was speaking strictly about the bowling forums. The non-bowling misc. never slowed down.