Woman Uses Medieval Combat Training And Sword To Subdue Intruder

Scolai

Good on her, but this advice is bullshit:

Michael Valenti, who teaches self defense in Indianapolis, commended Dolley for protecting her home, but suggested most people avoid fighting if they can. If confonted [sic] at home, Valenti urged to first run away and call police.

“Ultimately, it’s not worth it to risk your life to protect your TV,” said Valenti, head instructor at School of Self Defense, 3535 Kessler Blvd. E. Drive.

How in the hell is she supposed to know that he wants her TV? What if he was there to rape and kill her? Is she supposed to ask? Michael Valenti needs some lessons in self-defense, because he's an idiot.

Lemme look at this moron's website...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Well, if criminals would have the manners to announce their presence and their intentions, then the homeowner could make an informed decision based on the intruders intentions and/or the value of whatever said intruder wants. Perhaps even haggling...

"Hello! I'm a burglar, just here to grab your TV so I can sell it for a few bucks and go get some pot."

"Wait a second... I just bought that TV. I have a bag of pot in here, I'll split it with you if you leave the TV. Save you a trip to the pawn shop, and besides, you'd probably hurt your back. That damn thing is heavy!"

"OK, cool. That works for me. Thank you, and have a good evening... Hey, you know if your neighbor might have any zig-zags?"

:Biggrin:

bbfreeburn

Well, if criminals would have the manners to announce their presence and their intentions, then the homeowner could make an informed decision based on the intruders intentions and/or the value of whatever said intruder wants. Perhaps even haggling...

"Hello! I'm a burglar, just here to grab your TV so I can sell it for a few bucks and go get some pot."

"Wait a second... I just bought that TV. I have a bag of pot in here, I'll split it with you if you leave the TV. Save you a trip to the pawn shop, and besides, you'd probably hurt your back. That damn thing is heavy!"

"OK, cool. That works for me. Thank you, and have a good evening... Hey, you know if your neighbor might have any zig-zags?"

:Biggrin:
I'm shocked!! How would a nice guy like you know about zig-zags?