This clearly disqualifies Trump

Good Times Good Times

Irony: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...prompter-use/2011/10/18/gIQA6hEivL_story.html

“Obama ruined the teleprompter for the rest of the politicians,” said Fred Davis, a media strategist who advised Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in his 2008 presidential run and, until this summer, Republican candidate and former ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr.

“If you use it now, you’re like Obama,” Davis said. “It’s a negative because it’s a sign of inauthenticity. It’s a sign that you can’t speak on your own two feet. It’s a sign that you have handlers behind you telling you what to say.”

But then again, why would anyone listen to a John McCain campaign advisor?

Bottom Line: There's no problem w/using a teleprompter. In the public light like that I, personally, would want all my words measured. It is simply a resource to use. Just b/c I don't like Trump doesn't mean that this is a legit criticism whereas it does for a lot of petty Republicans.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
At least, Trump does know how to speak and talk without a teleprompter. At times, Obama doesn't fare too well without one.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-plays-the-politician-and-wins-cheers-003051717.html

MY GOD, HE'S USING A TELEPROMPTER. And don't we all know that makes him unfit for office?
Apparently people don't care, as all of those people that voted for Obama didn't care that he used a teleprompter, so it appears that Trump is qualified even though he isn't my first choice. In fact out of this years contestants, I don't have a first choice from either party.... sigh ... :Frown:

bbfreeburn

But Brick, the far right couldn't stand that Obama used a teleprompter. But this same group seems ok with Trump's use of one. Does the word hypocrite come to mind?

Personally I would rather all politicians used one - one with a timer on it that limited their blabbering.

But Brick, the far right couldn't stand that Obama used a teleprompter. But this same group seems ok with Trump's use of one. Does the word hypocrite come to mind?

Rags, even though you know this admit it or not, that is because Obama is a Democrat and as far left as it is possible to get, so of coarse a far left Democrat doesn't care if he uses a teleprompter. If the shoe was on the other foot, it would be the other way around, the far left wouldn't be able to stand it. You know that as well as I do as that is how it works in politics.

Good Times Good Times

Brick, you aren't understanding (willfully or not)................NO ONE cares who uses a teleprompter (with the exception of 2008 republicans). It's a resource in the technological age. It was retarded when Obama was criticized before and retarded if someone criticized Trump for it.

I just admire how you think "well everyone does it" in politics is a legitimate opinion. It doesn't address the point at hand.

bbfreeburn

Brick, actually you can get much further left than Obama.
And I believe you meant to say "Of course."
And would you see sarcasm if it smacked you upside the head?
Mind you, I'm really trying to be nice.

Brick, have you ever had any education on debate? Do you just engage in discourse based on how you "feel like it is" and state that as fact? Legit questions....
GT... to truthfulluy answer your question, NO, they didn't teach that back in the 1940's and early 50's where I went to school. Did you???????????

If you don't like the way I post or what I post, then don't read it.

Extreme leftists like yourself and Rags only see things one way and that is your way ....Geez, I never realized until now that you aren't who I thought you were...... have at it ... I am done here... You won't hear any more from me as am signing out and am done with this site.

Last edited:
Brick, actually you can get much further left than Obama.
And I believe you meant to say "Of course."
And would you see sarcasm if it smacked you upside the head?
Mind you, I'm really trying to be nice.
Rags, would you ever see common sense if it smacked you up upside the head???????? As I told GT just now, I am out of here and won't be back, so have at it all you want as I won't see your posts nor his.

With the recent passing of my wife 4 weeks ago, I have enough problems as it is without having to put up with the two of you, so as already said, have at it as I don't care, as I won't be back ....

Last edited:

toolguru

Total Tool
Brick, you aren't understanding (willfully or not)................NO ONE cares who uses a teleprompter (with the exception of 2008 republicans). It's a resource in the technological age. It was retarded when Obama was criticized before and retarded if someone criticized Trump for it.

I just admire how you think "well everyone does it" in politics is a legitimate opinion. It doesn't address the point at hand.
Brick is an old guy set in his ways. I am surprised he still contributes on these trivial sites after what he's been thru and going thru.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I never took debate either. I don't recall for sure, but I think it was an extra-curricular activity that did not get class credits when I was in school. But I could be wrong. I didn't look into it then because I wasn't interested in it.

So now I just argue what I do know, think I know, or whatever amusing BS I make up. After all, it's the internet... once I post it there, it automatically becomes fact! :D

toolguru

Total Tool
I never took debate either. I don't recall for sure, but I think it was an extra-curricular activity that did not get class credits when I was in school. But I could be wrong. I didn't look into it then because I wasn't interested in it.

So now I just argue what I do know, think I know, or whatever amusing BS I make up. After all, it's the internet... once I post it there, it automatically becomes fact! :D
Lol. Yes, the intrawebs is the great verifier.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member

Personally I would rather all politicians used one - one with a timer on it that limited their blabbering.
... and perhaps, such a timer would turn the teleprompter completely off after a certain time frame of "blabbering."