The DeBlasio Snitch Line

REVerse °

Addicted Member

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Why can't people just be smart? The whole point of wearing a mask is for asymptomatic people to slow down water droplets from coughing or breathing. I honestly think nit should be enforced for public facing employees at grocery stores...etc.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Why can't people just be smart? The whole point of wearing a mask is for asymptomatic people to slow down water droplets from coughing or breathing. I honestly think nit should be enforced for public facing employees at grocery stores...etc.
... but it seems as if all grocery stores in my area have glass partitions separating the cashiers (and customer service desk people) from the customers.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
... but it seems as if all grocery stores in my area have glass partitions separating the cashiers (and customer service desk people) from the customers.
They do here. But stockers and others do not at both Publix and kroger

Went to Wally world and that was a CF. Everyone on top of each other at the self checkout.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
IN DALLAS, ALL CASHIERS WEAR GLOVES AND MASKS.
Dear WAMO:

I see nothing wrong with wearing masks, but I don't see the benefit of cashiers wearing gloves. If a cashier wears gloves, he/she will be touching multiple items (while scanning), and if there is virus on any of the items, it may wind up on the gloves, which might be a bad thing (because the gloves certainly aren't going to be sanitized after each item).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
They do here. But stockers and others do not at both Publix and Kroger
Dear Djarum300:

True. Whereas there are partitions between cashiers and customers, most of the stockers and people who help take the groceries out to the car (and other workers) aren't wearing masks, for the most part.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOR WILL THEIR BARE HANDS BE SANITIZED AFTER EACH ITEM. OR ARE YOU SAYING THE VIRUS WONT TRANSFER FROM ITEM TO ITEM FROM BARE HANDS? WEARING GLOVES KEEPS IT OFF THEM, BUT NOT US. ITS ALSO A STORE MANDATED ISSUE, NOT A CITY MANDATED ISSUE. THEY ARE TRYING TO KEEP THEIR EMPLOYEES ACTIVE. AND ALL EMPLOYEES ARE WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES, EVEN THE ONES THAT HELP TO THE CARS.

Last edited:

Robadat

People take your groceries out to the car for you????
Not in NY they don't. They don't even put them back in the cart for you. But they all put up the partitions between cashiers and customers...

As for the o/t, not all NY people are bleeding heart libs, some of us think normally. Some of us even have extremely warped senses of humor. But in all truth, I do believe DeBozo should choke on all those dick pics he's collected.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Not in NY they don't. They don't even put them back in the cart for you. But they all put up the partitions between cashiers and customers...

As for the o/t, not all NY people are bleeding heart libs, some of us think normally. Some of us even have extremely warped senses of humor. But in all truth, I do believe DeBozo should choke on all those dick pics he's collected.
WHAT? Is there not a Union available to demand Union Labor be employed to do these jobs at exhorbitant wages? Damn, they're slacking, leaving easy dues money on the table... :Laugh:

Robadat

WHAT? Is there not a Union available to demand Union Labor be employed to do these jobs at exhorbitant wages? Damn, they're slacking, leaving easy dues money on the table... :Laugh:
I don't know. I'll ask the self-serve checkout machine if their union has a position on this issue. :Thumbsdown:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY ROB. THEY TAKE OUR GROCERIES OUT FOR US IN THE SOUTH, BECAUSE, WELL...WE AINT NEW YORKERS. :Whistling::p

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Robadat:

In all major supermarkets in my area, a store employee takes the groceries out for customers, unless the customer specifically prefers that they don't. And of course, if a customer happens to be wheelchair-bound, an employee will automatically accompany the customer to the car, in part to drive the wheelchair back inside.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS THE WAY IT IS OUT HERE TOO AW. BUT IF ITS NOT MUCH, I JUST CARRY IT OUT BY HAND AND LET THEM HELP SOMEONE ELSE. THEN THERE ARE NO EMPTY CARTS ROLLING INTO VEHICLES IN THE PARKING LOT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Around here it's difficult to find a station to pump for you. We have one small station that pumps.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THERE IS A STATION I PASS BY THAT HAS 4 PUMPS. 2 ARE SELF SERVE AND 2 ARE FULL SERV. THE FULL SERV IS LIKE THE OLD TIMEY DAYS. THEY DO THE WINDSHEILD AND CHECK THE OIL. $.10 GAL HIGHER.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THERE IS A STATION I PASS BY THAT HAS 4 PUMPS. 2 ARE SELF SERVE AND 2 ARE FULL SERV. THE FULL SERV IS LIKE THE OLD TIMEY DAYS. THEY DO THE WINDSHEILD AND CHECK THE OIL. $.10 GAL HIGHER.
$0.10 a gal for full serv isn't bad. Around here they charge more than $0.10 a gal extra just because the building is yellow and says SHELL on it. lol