Teens Who Take Nude Selfies Face Adult Sex Charges

MI2AZ

In NC.

After a 16-year-old Fayetteville girl made a sexually explicit nude photo of herself for her boyfriend last fall, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office concluded that she committed two felony sex crimes against herself and arrested her in February.

The girl was listed on a warrant as both the adult perpetrator and the minor victim of two counts of sexual exploitation of minor - second-degree exploitation for making her photo and third-degree exploitation for having her photo in her possession.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think they're pushing it a little. WTF is wrong with these people? I mean, yeah 1 16 year old should not be distributing self-nudes, but this kind of treatment? That's fucked up.

Robadat

These laws need to be changed. A perp and the victim should not be the same person in this type of crime. Sure, it's incredibly stupid for these teens to be posting these pics, but to be able to label them as sex offenders for life for a stupid mistake, that just isn't right. We also need our prosecutors to show a little discretion by not making these types of BS charges that could very well destroy a person's life.

However, if the recipient of the pic should forward it to any other party, that should not be allowed to happen and charges against that person should be brought.

Scolai

So if she masturbates, will she be arrested for sexual assault and felony child molestation?

This story happened about 2 hours from where I am. We actually had a local officer come to our school to speak to students about the dangers and legal implications of sexting. It's something our (Conservative) state government takes seriously...