Sweden Experiments With 6 Hour Workday

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Where do I sign up? I'm all for less total hours and more productive hours.

At least for many at my company, our jobs could almost totally be done from home. They could save a ton not having to provide a desk, and heat/cool/light a whole office building for many of our assiciates. A much smaller building with some shared work areas and meeting rooms would be sufficient.

Alas, we're mired in this ancient mode of thought where employers feel they cannot trust an employee to do their job if they're not being herded into a corral for 8 hours a day and overlorded by a "manager". There is so much waste and inefficiency. It's sad that corporations are seemingly incapable of figuring out how to measure an employees worth by a standard outside of hours punched on the time clock.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
This is something my company doesn't understand. Writing and testing code 60 hours a week is unproductive. And they wonder why there are so many bugs.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This is something my company doesn't understand. Writing and testing code 60 hours a week is unproductive. And they wonder why there are so many bugs.
Yeah, one can only look at numbers/text for so long until they all start to blur together. :Confused: