Republicans - shit like this is why Trump is stomping your asses

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Despite nominating a moderate judge whom Republicans have liked (even nominated for other positions), despite the fact they would most likely approve him any other year, they want to block the nomination and not even consider it simply because it wasn't a member of Bushwood that got to pick him.

Assholes. And they wonder why Trump is screwing up their little clusterfuck party...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c90bc8-eb7c-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

Good Times Good Times

Here's the thing. Smart move nominating the moderate by Obama. Now, if the R's obstruct/delay/whatever tactic etc.....ThEN IF a D is elected to the presidency, I would nominate the most extreme liberal justice at a young age to make their efforts backfire as an example to all going forward that this isn't the way to conduct yourself going about the business of the American people. I would still think this way if the parties were reversed. It would be a governing philosophy of mine.

If they don't obstruct/delay, a moderate will be in and the sun will, tomorrow, again rise in the east. The Chili Peppers would though find the silver lining ("at least it settles in a finer location") <--someone will get that reference

Robadat

I don't understand why the Repubs would stall until a new President comes in. All this posturing is just bad publicity for the party, they don't need it. They still hold a majority in the Senate, just give the nominees their up or down votes. They should be able to reject any nominee regardless of how dems vote. There's no guarantees that the next President or Senate will be republican or conservative leaning and we could possibly end up with much worse nominees getting in. And by worse, I mean "extreme" in either direction.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'd also argue that Trump not showing for the next debate looks bad. What, he can't take the heat from Fox News?

livespive

None of them are good chess players.

http://www.hark.com/clips/rkgpbqlcqd-this-shits-chess-it-aint-checkers

I don't understand why the Repubs would stall until a new President comes in. All this posturing is just bad publicity for the party, they don't need it. They still hold a majority in the Senate, just give the nominees their up or down votes. They should be able to reject any nominee regardless of how dems vote. There's no guarantees that the next President or Senate will be republican or conservative leaning and we could possibly end up with much worse nominees getting in. And by worse, I mean "extreme" in either direction.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Greg, IMHO, thats a cop out. If Trump wants me, the moderate voter to take him seriously, he needs to actually lay out a real play. What he wants to do, and where he's going to get the money from.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
That's what I mean. How many times does he have to say it? He states it in every debate. If you saw one you've seen them all.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Greg, IMHO, thats a cop out. If Trump wants me, the moderate voter to take him seriously, he needs to actually lay out a real play. What he wants to do, and where he's going to get the money from.
While I agree with your point, that cancelled "debate" was going to be nothing more than another Jerry Springer "Get Trump!" mud slinging contest. It wasn't going to provide anything not covered or bashed in the previous ones.

bbfreeburn

I agree with Greg and Brick. No point in another debate, we've heard all they're going to say. Trump hasn't, and won't, lay out comprehensive plans for his proposals; the others will just gang up on Trump. Hey, let's just show Mickey Mouse cartoons instead!!

JLS

And with so many Reps fed up...and crossing over...

Get use to saying ....

My Girl Hillary as next president...

8 years too late....

which is why

we're screwed