OK Teacher Forces 4 Yr Old To Use Right Hand, Not Evil Left

MI2AZ

The fuming parent was more outraged after she sent the Oakes Elementary a letter and got an article explaining how left-handedness is "evil" and "sinister" in return.

Sands said she showed the article — which detailed how the "devil is often portrayed as left-handed" — to the superintendent, but there was no discipline.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My deceased father always said that he was a natural left-hander, but that when he started elementary school, the teachers forced all left-handers to learn to write right-handed.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Was his username 'AlwaysRight'?
:)
Dear MI2AZ:

To my knowledge, my father never used a modern-day computer; hence, no username for him.

As for "AlwaysRight" ... not always so. He did always write right-handed after the early-school "transformation" ... but he could throw a softball or bowl with either hand.

Robadat

Being a lefty:Devilish:, I had similar experiences in Catholic School growing up. Nuns would always be cracking me over the hand with the pointer for writing with my :Devilish: hand. In the third grade my mom asked me why I kept getting my hand whacked in school, I told her why. She promptly went to school and promised to kick the crap out of the nun if she ever hit me for writing with my :Devilish: hand again. Nun took her promise very seriously and allowed me to write with my :Devilish: hand after that...:Cool:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Being a lefty:Devilish:, I had similar experiences in Catholic School growing up. Nuns would always be cracking me over the hand with the pointer for writing with my :Devilish: hand. In the third grade my mom asked me why I kept getting my hand whacked in school, I told her why. She promptly went to school and promised to kick the crap out of the nun if she ever hit me for writing with my :Devilish: hand again. Nun took her promise very seriously and allowed me to write with my :Devilish: hand after that...:Cool:
... and now that you mention it, my father used to say that teachers hit his hand with rulers in attempt to get him to write with his right hand.

Robadat

That was SOP in NY Cath. schools back in the sixties. I don't know when they changed, but lefties today aren't being pushed to switch hands writing...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
No wonder there's more evil in the world today! If everyone would write with the Godly and Pure right hand, all of our troubles would go away! :Roflmao: