Oh man...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Was reading through a comment section on a news article, and someone there had their online name as "crispybaconsandwich". Now I'm hungry for a bacon sandwich. :(

livespive

I actually just looked up recipes for both, I think I am going to try them this weekend.

There aren't any places around here that serve it.
I was doing a job in MD once, and they had it in the café, but you know how that goes :)

To give it credit thought, the recipes looked better than the stuff in the café :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Scrapple is a delicacy, IMO. You should give it a shot. Good stuff.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I actually just looked up recipes for both, I think I am going to try them this weekend.

There aren't any places around here that serve it.
I was doing a job in MD once, and they had it in the café, but you know how that goes :)

To give it credit thought, the recipes looked better than the stuff in the café :)

I'll let you know how it goes.
Please do. :) I like it fried with a firm crust. Cottage cheese on the side or spread on top of the slice. We have it at Publix here in NC.

livespive

I am actually in Dayton today, and did a search. They have some of this at Kroger:

https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/products/specialty/scrapple

I was looking at few Goetta recipes, and they all called for Jones sausage, so I figured I would give it a try.
You have to order this stuff a case at a time, so I need to find all of the products in the store first.

Please do. :) I like it fried with a firm crust. Cottage cheese on the side or spread on top of the slice. We have it at Publix here in NC.

livespive

I thought it was something like that, but from the recipes I read it isn't that bad.
Maybe the mass produced is more like that, because they are trying to use the leftovers.
Or even if you by it premade from a butcher.

Ain't that like head cheese?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Interesting. Not sure I can talk the wife into it, mainly because she doesn't generally like SPAM type of stuff. While not exactly SPAM, it looks close enough I don't think she'll go for it.

livespive

Well, I just went to Kroger on lunch break, and got some, and some Goetta (it's big in Cincinnati and the brand was in the store)

So if this stuff ain't good, I'm gonna track you down and beat you down twice, one for me and one for Greg :p:p:D;)

REVerse °

Addicted Member
LOL just bring what you didn't eat. It will be worth the beatdown. :Cool:

Best guess you will enjoy the scrapple. You should try it with grits on the side next.