Legit Question

Good Times Good Times

For you Trump supporters / cartoon posters etc........

My question is, this site is certainly conservative.......but who are these people you're trying to convince to NOT vote for Hillary? I'm not voting for her and I don't know anyone who's advocated on her behalf or has outright proclaimed their support for her.

Every day we see anti-Hillary stuff but who is it targeted at? Everyone is already against her. I'm likely the most liberal member here and I'm not voting for her, so it made me wonder the purpose of so much of the spam. I'm against Trump as much as you all are Hillary.......but I don't feel the need to spam this site, so why do you all feel that need?

I'm legitimately curious. Is it a boredom thing? I can't imagine what would make me spend so much time doing that stuff. How can one be THAT wrapped up in partisan politics if you're not on payroll?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I can only speak for myself because, well, I'm not anyone else! ;) I don't post anything with the intent of changing someone's political proclivities. I post what I post, usually, for either of two reasons. 1) It's funny....... or 2) it's to show the hypocrisy and corrupt ways of the current Democrat party. EVERYONE knows how crooked Killary is and how the Clintons just seem to be coated in Teflon these days. Some people don't want to admit it, and some people look the other way because she happens to be a member of "their party". If one thing I post can just open one person's eyes I'll consider it a win. But trying to change someone's vote by posting memes would be ridiculous. Party voters are party voters and they are all beyond help. And that goes for the republicans as well.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm kinda like Greg. I don't intend to change any minds. One difference though, I do it partly out of frustration (whether logical or not). Frustration that most media are so in the bag for hillary... every time I open anything on the internet it's headlined by Trump bashing, every pic of Trump shows him looking like a maniac, and extreme scrutiny of every little negative thing they can on him. And they harp on and on and on about it nonstop. All the while giving a free pass and basically ignoring all the shit hillary has on her face.

I've given in to the fact our next Prez is going to be a revolting piece of shit that will do nothing to improve anything (unless by some miracle a 3rd party candidate gets in). But the free pass for Clinton pisses me off. The media should be eviscerating BOTH of these fuckers mercilessly.

I'm still glad Trump fucked the GOP. They needed a bitch slap wake up call. We'll see how they react to reality over the next couple years.

Unfortunately, the Dem party needs a kick in the nuts too, but it doesn't appear they're going to get it any time soon.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
For you Trump supporters / cartoon posters etc........

My question is, this site is certainly conservative.......but who are these people you're trying to convince to NOT vote for Hillary? I'm not voting for her and I don't know anyone who's advocated on her behalf or has outright proclaimed their support for her.
Dear GTGT:

Perhaps not in this forum, but there obviously A LOT of Americans -- if not a good majority -- who do support her (and will vote for her).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I can only speak for myself because, well, I'm not anyone else! ;) I don't post anything with the intent of changing someone's political proclivities. I post what I post, usually, for either of two reasons. 1) It's funny....... or 2) it's to show the hypocrisy and corrupt ways of the current Democrat party. EVERYONE knows how crooked Killary is and how the Clintons just seem to be coated in Teflon these days. Some people don't want to admit it, and some people look the other way because she happens to be a member of "their party". If one thing I post can just open one person's eyes I'll consider it a win. But trying to change someone's vote by posting memes would be ridiculous. Party voters are party voters and they are all beyond help. And that goes for the republicans as well.
Dear Greg T:

In general, I share similar thoughts. And I certainly agree that posts in this -- or any other -- Internet discussion forum will do much (if anything) to change anyone's way of thinking.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
... and that could be because there are more uninformed Democrats than uninformed Republicans.
The uninformed people I can understand. The party line crowd I can't understand. I lifetime friend who is now a college prof in Kankakee and holds more degrees than a ring notebook can handle, is a democrat. PERIOD. If Mortimer Snerd were to run on the Dem ticket this dude would vote for him. I simply call him the educated fool.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The uninformed people I can understand. The party line crowd I can't understand. I lifetime friend who is now a college prof in Kankakee and holds more degrees than a ring notebook can handle, is a democrat. PERIOD. If Mortimer Snerd were to run on the Dem ticket this dude would vote for him. I simply call him the educated fool.
... but "uninformed" people can obviously lead to "party line" voting.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, that's debatable. If enough common sense voters come forward the stupid voters can be overcome.
Dear Greg T:

That makes sense, in a way. Barack Hussein Obama collected fewer votes in 2012 than he did in 2008 ... BUT Romney got less of a turnout than McCain did four years earlier.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT IF YOU TELL ALL THE STUPID VOTERS THEY CANT VOTE, YOU WOULD ONLY NEED ONE VOTING STATION IN EVERY STATE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
BUT IF YOU TELL ALL THE STUPID VOTERS THEY CANT VOTE, YOU WOULD ONLY NEED ONE VOTING STATION IN EVERY STATE.
Dear WAMO:

True enough. But keep in mind that the stupid voters are voting for stupid -- or, at least, inept -- politicians, for the most part.