Lawsuits

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Already starting here. A business owner is suing the landlord because her employees won't come to work after another Tennant in building tested positive. The tenant is the land lord.

1. Employees suing employers over unsafe conditions
2. Business owners suing other tenants or landlords especially if there are common areas shared by tenants.
3. Businesses suing the state under the 5th amendment.
4. Customers suing businesses if they contract the virus from an employee.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE WITH G. DONT THINK ANYTHING WILL HAPPEN. ALL WERE TOLD TO STAY HOME AND BE SAFE. IF YOU GO OUT, THATS ON YOU.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I AGREE WITH G. DONT THINK ANYTHING WILL HAPPEN. ALL WERE TOLD TO STAY HOME AND BE SAFE. IF YOU GO OUT, THATS ON YOU.
The suits are against Whitmer because a governor has NO authority to make laws. A governor cannot order people to stop work, stay in the house, or anything else.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS NOT WHAT DJ'S POST SAYS, AT ALL.
THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS DID JUST THAT. CLOSED RESTURANTS, MOVIE THEATERS, BOWLING CENTERS AND ANY NON ESSENTIAL BUSINESS. TO THE POINT THAT PEOPLE THAT WERE ENTERING TEXAS WITH LOUISIANA TAGS WERE BEING PULLED OVER AND PUT IN MANDATORY 14 DAY QUARANTINE.
TX GOV ABBOTT TO SET GUIDLINES FOR TEXAS BUSINESSES TO REOPEN.
AND AGAIN, IF YOU KNOW THERE IS A VIRUS AND YOU GO OUT AND CATCH IT, YOU CANT FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST ANYBODY FOR BEING A DUMBASS YOURSELF.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo Sued Over Face Mask Requirement

She's also taken criticism from Judges in surrounding counties, as well as from the police force who have issued their own statement in which they will NOT be handing out fines, but they will offer facemasks if they see someone without. Doesn't say they'll force them to wear it, but they will offer to provide it. Police rightfully pointed out they have limited resources to deal with real crime and have no desire to chase down people for not wearing face coverings.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS THE SAME IN DALLAS COUNTY. NOT MANDATORY, JUST SUGGESTED. THATS WHY IF YOU GET VIRUS AND YOUR NOT WEARING ONE, CANT SUE ANYBODY. BUT, DALLAS COUNTY JUDGE DID COME OUT AND SAY, WE CANT MAKE PEOPLE WEAR THEM, BUT WE SUGGEST A BUSINESS CAN REFUSE ENTRY IF SOMEONE ISNT WEARING ONE.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THATS THE SAME IN DALLAS COUNTY. NOT MANDATORY, JUST SUGGESTED. THATS WHY IF YOU GET VIRUS AND YOUR NOT WEARING ONE, CANT SUE ANYBODY. BUT, DALLAS COUNTY JUDGE DID COME OUT AND SAY, WE CANT MAKE PEOPLE WEAR THEM, BUT WE SUGGEST A BUSINESS CAN REFUSE ENTRY IF SOMEONE ISNT WEARING ONE.
Hidalgo wants it mandatory and punitive if you don't comply. Originally up to180 days in jail was part of it on top of the $1000 fine. Thank God the police said "No, that's fucking stupid."

Djarum300

Addicted Member
1. Can a business hold the state responsible for lost business during the lockdown
2. Can employeees be forced to go back to work if employers aren't practicing safe guards?
3. Can employers be civily liable for unsafe working conditions?
4. Can landlords be held liable for other tenants who contract the virus?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
1. I WOULD SAY NO. BECAUSE IT WASNT JUST A STATE ISSUE, IT WAS NATIONAL.
2. I WOULD SAY NO. BUT IF THEY CHOOSE NOT TO GO BACK TO WORK, THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO FILL THEIR SPOT.
3. I WOULD SAY YES. (IN REGUARDS TO THE VIRUS) THEY KNOW OF SAFE GUARDS TO IMPLEMENT.
4. I WOULD SAY ???. IF THEY FOLLOWED ALL SAFE GUARDS, NO. IF THEY DIDNT FOLLOW SAFEGUARDS, YES.
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BUSINESS CLEAN BY FOLLOWING SAFEGUARDS, BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN OTHER TENANTS ARE.

AS FAR AS THE ANTIBODIES, I HAVE KNOWN PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOTTEN THE FLU TWICE IN A SEASON.