If a person accidentally kills someone...

Good Times Good Times

Why cant we evolve over 200 years and decide that 10,000 deaths a year via guns means that we obviously have problems that need dealt with? Geez, we feel like people can't be allowed to smoke pot when no one dies from that but god forbid we regulate guns.....

Good Times Good Times

9~, isn't this the point in the debate where we're both supposed to get all emotional b/c we disagree on some points, go ad hominem, and then entrench in our "party/news outlet" b/c "that's our team" and we draw part of our identity from it? :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Lol @ America

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just saying, some people really, really don't trust the government (and rightly so, to some extent, IMO) but a few take it to paranoia levels.

As for denying people civil liberties, I'd rather deny a few people the right to own a gun due to borderline pass/fail of any licensing program than to take away the constitutional right to bear arms from everyone.

I know it's an NRA talking point, but I do agree that an armed general populace keeps crime in check to some meaningful degree. I also do believe that if guns are made illegal for all, crime will skyrocket due to emboldened individuals with no morals and illegal weapons. I don't want that.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
9~, isn't this the point in the debate where we're both supposed to get all emotional b/c we disagree on some points, go ad hominem, and then entrench in our "party/news outlet" b/c "that's our team" and we draw part of our identity from it? :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Lol @ America
Something like this?
|
V

Yeah, that's just what I expected from a bleeding heart liberal bedwetter like you!! ;):Laugh::Roflmao:

:Confused:

JLS

#9...did you sleep thru the Zimmerman trial...He use a gun to kill Martin...And he got away with it...And he still
owns guns...and has been in trouble several more times involving guns...

But then again...he is from Florida...Heck those assholes down there let Casey Anthony go free...

Nothing good comes out of Florida...

Good Times Good Times

#9...did you sleep thru the Zimmerman trial...He use a gun to kill Martin...And he got away with it...And he still

But then again...he is from Florida...Heck those assholes down there let Casey Anthony go free...

It certainly cannot be said anymore that there's no evidence he's a racist. He has certainly confirmed that on Twitter.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah, he went batshit crazy! :confused:

Still, given the evidence at the time of the trial, I will trust those jurors who heard/saw more facts than I have about the original incident.

Doesn't mean he's not an asshole. Just means they couldn't prove he comitted any crime.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I have to ask, what difference does it make what a tool was designed to do when people misuse that tool? Why should it matter what that tool is? If I am negligent in operating a tool in a safe manner and accudentally kill someone, why shouldn't I be banned from ever acquiring another of that tool just like I would be with a gun? A car, a hammer, a knife, a bow/arrow, a 2x4 with a rusty nail, or whatever. When people are the common problem in other people's death, why is the focus not on the people problem?
I fully agree. Regardless of the tool, the person is always the problem. But the question was asked about the ability to purchase the tool after an "accident". That raises a lot of other questions. I'm in full favor of NO gun ;laws what so ever. No background checks, no licenses, nothing. But, I believe a person should have to face responsibility for ones actions. I don't believe in "accidental" discharge of a weapon. If the gun is being cleaned it should be emptied and cleared. I have never ever seen a gun kill or shoot anything on it's own. HOWEVER, I have seen cars malfunction and cause accidents.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

It's because he was found to have done nothing wrong. He's not guilty and therefore should have no consequences.

Spider

Why cant we evolve over 200 years and decide that 10,000 deaths a year via guns means that we obviously have problems that need dealt with? Geez, we feel like people can't be allowed to smoke pot when no one dies from that but god forbid we regulate guns.....

All deer should be killed b/c the dumb fucks always be jumpin' out in front of cars. :Oo:

livespive

I agree, but most of these have been people that are supposed to be taking meds, or the doc says they have something, and the mom still thinks it's a good idea to keep guns in the house and let him shoot. Those are the time for restrictions. Hell I have epilepsy and when I was first driving through about 25-27 I think, I had a restriction I had to get get blood test to check my med levels.

If the doc says you have depresion or anything like that, that can make you do something irrational, then you should be on a very tight rope, and yes you might not be able to have a gun, but it must be prooven that you have something like that. Meds are not enough
because who knows what can happen if you your levels go low, or if you stop taking them.

The can do it right, they are just looking for a backdoor into total gun control.

What is the concern that the government knows who has guns? I've never understood why that was a concern. The government generally knows where you live, if you have a car, job, etc.......what is the concern that the gov't knows you have a gun?

Right....but how do you control the person without infringing on their civil liberties? It's a very serious thing to try and legally say that this person isn't mentally capable of doing something....and just because you're weird and antisocial doesn't mean you're not allowed to purchase a gun (or go through the loopholes).

If I'm present where you plan on mass murdering, I'm certainly going to like my chances against you with a 2x4 or rusty nail (is this a subtle Joy Ride movie reference :Sneaky:). I'm quick, used to be really quick, but not quicker than you with a gun after me. So for me, the difference that it makes is amount of damage in such a short amount of time.

JLS

It's because he was found to have done nothing wrong. He's not guilty and therefore should have no consequences.
Like I said Greg....This is Florida...THEY LET CASEY ANTHONY GO FREE...Nothing good comes out of Florida...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We can, IF we decide to handle the real issue....mental health. A gun is a tool. If someone wants to kill they will kill, regardless of the tool at hand. And again, taking away MY guns will NOT save any lives, except for any unfortunate criminal attempting to take mine.

JLS

Guns don't kill....it's the fuxxcking liberal far left computer geeks using them that kill...

JLS

Not the gun's fault.
Right....not the guns fault....it's the fault of the assholes who live in Florida....KKK VILLE...

They let Casey go free....and she partied for a month after her daughter went missing...

All Zimmy boy did was kill a black person...In Florida...that's like swatting a fly...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Guns don't kill....it's the fuxxcking liberal far left computer geeks using them that kill...
Well, not necessarily. But it IS the mentally ill that kill. It's just the liberals politicizing the mass shootings to further their agenda of disarming Americans. Hitler would be proud of the attempt, although quite embarrassed by the execution.