Good Samaritan Kills Gunman Fighting With State Trooper

MI2AZ

A man traveling to California came to the rescue of a wounded Arizona state trooper struggling with a gunman who had shot him Thursday on an isolated stretch of Interstate 10, authorities said.

The man, who was with his wife, stopped his car when he came upon a rollover accident before sunrise and saw the struggle, according to Col. Frank Milstead, director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety. The trooper told the man he needed help, and the man returned to his car, got his gun and fired at the assailant.

The man who shot the trooper was killed, as was a woman who had been ejected from the vehicle, Milstead said. None of the names of those involved has been released.

The trooper was in stable condition after being shot in the right shoulder and chest, Milstead said. The 27-year veteran officer was scheduled to undergo surgery.

READ MORE

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So I suppose now the perps family will sue the guy and win a wrongful death suit, AND, he will probably be prosecuted as well.

Robadat

My heartfelt thanks go out to that person that helped a Trooper in need. He is absolutely a hero. I can only hope that if I were in that type of situation a good Samaritan would come to my aid. But judging by the typical types of people I see and deal with every day, the only hope I can rely on will be wearing blue.

Robadat

I WOULD HAVE YOUR BACK ROB!!!
I have no doubts that any of my friends would do whatever they could to help out. That's what a true friend would do. It's the complete stranger like the gentleman in the OT's story who would put himself in a dangerous situation to help another that is becoming a rare thing these days. Living in a very deep blue area (NYC) where I see plenty of hatred towards the uniform, I worry that it is more likely that others would aid the guy attacking the officer rather than civilians coming to the aid of an officer in trouble.