Final Election Opinion

Good Times Good Times

First off, Congrats to the Trump camp. One thing we've learned is that the biased media argument doesn't hold merit after this....the "lamestream pro-Hillary media" certainly didn't affect the outcome. :p @ Bill.

I will admit that I chose to not vote this election, which, to me, minimizes my opinion. Sure I have the right to express it but I'm holding myself to the standard in which I've always held others in some sense. If asked something on a topic........I may give a short response. However, I am content that I did not support either candidate. I'm not party loyal. I have decided to not really opine much anymore on political topics, I need to get away from that in general.

Regardless, you can all disagree with me all day but one thing I am not is a partisan hack.

I echo ~9's sentiment from his post. Congrats to everyone here who is happy with the outcome.

BTW: I layed odds and no one took it! :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Laugh:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
On a serious note to GTGT, I still think your opinion counts. I, personally, don't buy into the whole "you MUST support one of the two teams regardless" to have input on the direction our country is taking. We have the RIGHT to vote, we are not FORCED to vote. It is the RIGHT that our men and women have fought and died to preserve, they did not do so to have the government, media, or anyone else to force anything upon the American people.

Off that soapbox. On to another. ;) I am serious in that I hope to see We The People, of all genders and backgrounds, come together as a country, a family, or better yet (because family can be f'd up), friends. Our future is up to us. We can be miserable, feel sorry for ourselves, point fingers and wallow in self pity, hate, anger, etc..., OR we can dry our eyes, dust off our work boots, and make something of ourselves. Our destiny is up to us. :)

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I voted 3rd party, but my state overwhelming went Trump. It will be interesting to see if Trump works with the parties.

Robadat

I voted 3rd party, but my state overwhelming went Trump. It will be interesting to see if Trump works with the parties.
It will be interesting to see if the parties will work with Trump. He has always been a dealmaker, I expect him to continue with that mindset as it has gotten him far in life to this point. But, as we all know, the swamp in DC has long been opposite of that, it has been party over country for far too long. I can only hope that everyone in DC understands that AMERICA has spoken and the status quo has to change for both parties.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It will be interesting to see if the parties will work with Trump. He has always been a dealmaker, I expect him to continue with that mindset as it has gotten him far in life to this point. But, as we all know, the swamp in DC has long been opposite of that, it has been party over country for far too long. I can only hope that everyone in DC understands that AMERICA has spoken and the status quo has to change for both parties.
Hopefully, he'll expose the swamp dwellers in DC and give us a chance to vote them out in future elections.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
First off, Congrats to the Trump camp. One thing we've learned is that the biased media argument doesn't hold merit after this....the "lamestream pro-Hillary media" certainly didn't affect the outcome. :p @ Bill.
... but the lamestream media did all they could in an attempt to get Hillary elected, and now, the media is less respected than ever before.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
On a serious note to GTGT, I still think your opinion counts. I, personally, don't buy into the whole "you MUST support one of the two teams regardless" to have input on the direction our country is taking. We have the RIGHT to vote, we are not FORCED to vote. It is the RIGHT that our men and women have fought and died to preserve, they did not do so to have the government, media, or anyone else to force anything upon the American people.

Off that soapbox. On to another. ;) I am serious in that I hope to see We The People, of all genders and backgrounds, come together as a country, a family, or better yet (because family can be f'd up), friends. Our future is up to us. We can be miserable, feel sorry for ourselves, point fingers and wallow in self pity, hate, anger, etc..., OR we can dry our eyes, dust off our work boots, and make something of ourselves. Our destiny is up to us. :)
Dear 9andaWiggle:

You have made a number of valid and well-thought-out posts in various threads, and thanks for posting your opinions.