Editorial: There can't be 'exoneration' without a charge

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Even after Robert Mueller's testimony before two House committees turned into a fiasco, the Democrats and their friends in the lamestream media continued their "no exoneration" talking points.

Liberal newspapers and talk shows continued to push their unfounded and ridiculous "no exoneration" theme, clearly demonstrating their extreme bias and hatred of President Trump.

Democrat committee chairmen Jerrold Nadler and Adam Schiff should know that a person must be charged in order to be exonerated. It's one of the simplest and basic legal concepts. So what are the charges or specific evidence against Trump, without which there couldn't possibly be an "exoneration"?

The job of a prosecutor -- or special counsel, in this case -- is to determine if sufficient evidence exists to indict someone for a crime. If someone is indicted, the evidence is presented at a trial (or an impeachment proceeding), where the accused has the rights provided by our legal system to confront witnesses, present exculpatory evidence and put forward a full defense. And if there is insufficient evidence to indict, the prosecutor must drop the case without public comment.

Exoneration is defined as "the action of officially absolving someone from blame", and nowhere in the American justice system does a prosecutor have the job (or the right) to exonerate anyone. Rather, it's the exclusive job of a jury or trial judge with regard to alleged guilt, and it's designed that way to fully protect the rights of the accused.

Nevertheless, we continue to hear that Mueller didn't exonerate the president. Why? Because the Democrats and lamestream media are determined to damage Trump by any means, fair or not, legal or not.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I believe it goes further back than that. Since when do we investigate before a crime has been committed?? Standard operating procedure would be to become aware of a crime, then investigate to find a suspect, then an indictment followed by a trial. When did we start investigating anything in hopes of finding a crime?? I'm no attorney, but looks to me like the entire investigation was unconstitutional.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THIS WHOLE SHOW IS TO TRY AND DEFEAT TRUMP IN 2020. NONE OF THEM ARE CONCEREND ABOUT AMERICA OR AMERICANS. ONLY WINNING AN ELECTION.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I believe it goes further back than that. Since when do we investigate before a crime has been committed?? Standard operating procedure would be to become aware of a crime, then investigate to find a suspect, then an indictment followed by a trial. When did we start investigating anything in hopes of finding a crime?? I'm no attorney, but looks to me like the entire investigation was unconstitutional.
Dear Greg T:

You are EXACTLY correct. A special counsel is (OR SHOULD BE ) appointed to investigate A CRIME, and THERE WAS NO CRIME -- or, at least THERE WAS NO CRIME COMMITTED BY TRUMP.

Hopefully, AG Barr, IG Horowitz and John Durham will bring the ACTUAL CRIMES committed by Crooked Hillary, James Comey, John Brennan (and many others) to light and prosecution.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
A writer of a letter to the editor of my hometown newspaper (Sarasota Herald-Tribune) must have read my mind. A day after I posted my mini-editorial here and elsewhere on the Internet, he espoused the same thoughts as I did. Copied word-for-word (including the headline), here is the text of that letter ...

[headline] Nothing in the law about ‘exoneration’

I would like to thank the editors of the Herald-Tribune for the laugh-out-loud “No Exoneration” headline on the front page of the July 25 issue of the paper.

Apparently, the headline writer was unaware of the discussion during Robert Mueller’s hearing that prosecutors never exonerate anyone. There is nothing in lawbooks or Department of Justice regulations about exonerating anyone.

People are either prosecuted or not prosecuted, and then it’s a matter of guilty or not guilty. Juries don’t reach a verdict of either exonerated or not exonerated.

The headline was nothing more than an attempt at putting the best possible spin on what was a very bad day for the anti-Trump faction.

Ron Perri, Lakewood Ranch

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I believe Mr. Trump already has what he needs to take everyone down. He's more than likely timing the events to assist his campaign. After all, it IS free press.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I believe Mr. Trump already has what he needs to take everyone down. He's more than likely timing the events to assist his campaign. After all, it IS free press.
Dear Greg T:

Yes, it is free press, and after Trump first announced, the lamestream media gave him all kinds of FREE PRESS -- of course, that being because the fake-news journalists felt that he had absolutely no chance of actually winning. But the vast coverage got nastier and nastier when Trump inched closer and closer to the nomination.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Yes, it is free press, and after Trump first announced, the lamestream media gave him all kinds of FREE PRESS -- of course, that being because the fake-news journalists felt that he had absolutely no chance of actually winning. But the vast coverage got nastier and nastier when Trump inched closer and closer to the nomination.
It never gets old watching those clips of news vids where they are announcing the election results.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND I LIKE HOW KAMALA HARRIS SAYS TRUMP ONLY WANTS TO DIVIDE THE COUNTRY. AS HE IS SIGNING A BILL FUNDING FOR FIRST RESPONDERS FROM 911 THRU 2092. WHAT A DIVIDER HE IS. DUMB BITCH.