Conservative V. Liberal Test

livespive

Might have to change the nonbeliever to he gets stoned by the believers on the conservative side :)
Religion is way to big for them. Depends on who you talk to on the left, them too.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I COULDNT FIGURE OUT IF I WANTED TO FORWARD IT, DELETE IT OR ADD TO IT...OK, OK, OK. IM GOING TO FORWARD IT...I THINK. CRAP!!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Might have to change the nonbeliever to he gets stoned by the believers on the conservative side :)
Religion is way to big for them. Depends on who you talk to on the left, them too.
I usually make liberals' heads explode when they find out I am an atheist. Apparently, if you're a conservative they think it's a requirement that I worship what I would deem to be a false deity.

livespive

Yeah, you might get kicked out of the Rep club :)

I usually make liberals' heads explode when they find out I am an atheist. Apparently, if you're a conservative they think it's a requirement that I worship what I would deem to be a false deity.

bbfreeburn

I've never understood the perceived connection between religious belief/non-belief and political/social persuasion.
Here's a thought train exhibited by many:
Scientists are liberal.
Liberals are godless
Therefore scientists don't believe in god.

Actually the reverse is often true. If fact one noted scientist (I think Hawking) has stated that the further his research takes him, the more he believes in god -- or something like it.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Then, you are living proof that an atheist can have well-thought-out and logical conservative views.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
What I can't figure out about conservatives vs liberals are their stances on morality regarding life.

Liberals are OK with killing babies, but will fight tooth and nail to keep an adult murderer alive in prison.

Conservatives will fight tooth and nail to protect a glob of dividing cells that don't even know they exist, but are perfectly fine with killing adults if they deserve it.

At least I'm consistent. Abortion is fine by me (early though, if it can live on its own outside the womb it's too late). Killing bad guys is fine by me. Both reduce the overall population and, IMO, improves society as a whole.

livespive

He is finding out that there is a "creator" out there. Who or what it is unknown for now.

That is the thing if you are religious, you say there is this being out there (what he is made of we don't know) that made us.
If you are a non believer you say there were a whole bunch of farts in the universe and they mixed and bang, then stuff started growing.

Then there is a group in between that says, yes we were created, but didn't have to be by a "god".
The same way we are making clones, and test tub babies, someone could have done that and made us????!?!?!?

Even mix it up a little God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days. He is a god, how long is one day to him?

You can spin them however you want, but they are all ways of explaining the same thing.

I've never understood the perceived connection between religious belief/non-belief and political/social persuasion.
Here's a thought train exhibited by many:
Scientists are liberal.
Liberals are godless
Therefore scientists don't believe in god.

Actually the reverse is often true. If fact one noted scientist (I think Hawking) has stated that the further his research takes him, the more he believes in god -- or something like it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Then, you are living proof that an atheist can have well-thought-out and logical conservative views.
I believe the less religious a person is the more analytical their thought processes is. My opinion; God and the bible are used much too often to explain away events in which people have a rough time processing. For example, a person is in a horrific accident, they just barely pull thru while people are telling them how lucky they are to be alive. Their response is "thank the lord", or "praise god for pulling me thru", etc. I say bullshit. What if their god is responsible for their accident in the first place? Or, if their god is that great and was looking out for them, why did he/she allow the accident to take place? Very few would xians would ask the questions, or even THINK of the questions I just asked. They automatically assume god saved them. There is always another side.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I believe the less religious a person is the more analytical their thought processes is. My opinion; God and the bible are used much too often to explain away events in which people have a rough time processing. For example, a person is in a horrific accident, they just barely pull thru while people are telling them how lucky they are to be alive. Their response is "thank the lord", or "praise god for pulling me thru", etc. I say bullshit. What if their god is responsible for their accident in the first place? Or, if their god is that great and was looking out for them, why did he/she allow the accident to take place? Very few would xians would ask the questions, or even THINK of the questions I just asked. They automatically assume god saved them. There is always another side.
I'm an engineer and highly analytical but I still believe God exists.

Descartes discourse on method is an interesting read.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm an engineer and highly analytical but I still believe God exists.

Descartes discourse on method is an interesting read.
I can appreciate that. I'm not saying it's impossible to believe in god AND still have common sense. Many extremely educated people I know are xians. I'm just saying, for me, I don't have the religious side to contend with while mulling something over.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I just put it out there as I see it. Obviously, most people see it in a different way than I, but that's their right. Since I was old enough to be forced into sunday school I've been asking questions. I just can't wrap my head around some magic dude who knows all, loves everyone, is an all forgiving god, and then lets all the bad shit happen down here while people praise and worship him/her because they weren't killed. Really? Seems to me if that were a real god, the bad shit wouldn't happen at all. Maybe I'm missing something, or just maybe believers are misinterpreting our creators as gods. I'm not totally dismissing creationism. But an actual "god"? I can't see it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT I HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING IS, BB USED; GREG - RELIGION - RATIONAL; ALL IN THE SAME SENTENCE AND NOONE LAUGHED. UNTIL NOW. :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: