Bad Credit? Sorry. Not Sorry.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Quite frankly, if someone doesn't have enough life experience and financial discipline to properly plan, budget, and build up enough savings to get them through a campaign while maintaining at least decent credit, then I don't want them in office where they can parlay their poor understanding of basic financial fundamentals and lack of long term planning analysis into poor budget/policy decisions that impact the entire country.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Quite frankly, if someone doesn't have enough life experience and financial discipline to properly plan, budget, and build up enough savings to get them through a campaign while maintaining at least decent credit, then I don't want them in office where they can parlay their poor understanding of basic financial fundamentals and lack of long term planning analysis into poor budget/policy decisions that impact the entire country.

Without digging too much into it, people can have bad credit for a variety of reasons.

I had "bad credit" until I was about 28 or 29. Why? I had 1 credit card with very little use and I rarely kept much of a balance. I did have student loans, but I was fairly flush with cash.

I had bad credit because I didn't want to play their game. Credit and fico scores are a racket.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Just look at this more, dude is 25. I had bad credit (no credit) then.

1. Utility companies don't report to credit bureaus unless delinquent
2. Cell companies were eventually forced to report standing every quarter but that's recent.
3. Credit card companies report monthly
4. Apartments may or may not report.

It would not surprise me many Republican state and local reps can't get an apartment either at 25.

This is really a non story IMHO.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Seems like Maxwell Frost is a candidate for the House Budget Committee.

He already has one qualification: He's black. So if he's gay or transgender, he'd be a lock.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Without digging too much into it, people can have bad credit for a variety of reasons.

I had "bad credit" until I was about 28 or 29. Why? I had 1 credit card with very little use and I rarely kept much of a balance. I did have student loans, but I was fairly flush with cash.

I had bad credit because I didn't want to play their game. Credit and fico scores are a racket.
Fair points, but unfortunately playing their games impacts our lives whether we like it or not. Being able to attain the basic necessity of shelter is an important one. And it's a game I would expect a competent politician (of any age) would be able to manage. Isn't "playing games" a major requisite for being a politician to begin with?