A cold spell (Florida style) is on the way, and we may actually need inside heat!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Today is a typical day in Paradise (here in Florida), with late-morning temperature of 77, heading for a high of 81 and an overnight LOW of 72.

However, the first significant cold front of the season will be coming through sometime tomorrow, and -- egad! -- we probably will need to add heat in the house for the first time since last February!

We haven't had ANY low temperatures below 60 for more than three weeks, but over the weekend, we're forecast to have back-to-back overnight lows in the mid-50s and a Monday morning low in the upper 40s.

That won't likely sound too bad for those in other parts of the country, but a lot of Floridians will be complaining about being too cold!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Trade ya!
34°, 60mph winds and massive winter storm warning in effect til Thursday midday. And I'm heading to Iron Mountain today for radiation.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Local weatherman (spacecityweather.com) is talking of a really cold air mass coming down around Christmas. Could bring lows down in the teens in Houston area if it comes more direct north to south - but it's also possible it could move to the southeast which would put us in the 40's instead. If it goes southeast, maybe you'll get an even colder blast?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Local weatherman (spacecityweather.com) is talking of a really cold air mass coming down around Christmas. Could bring lows down in the teens in Houston area if it comes more direct north to south - but it's also possible it could move to the southeast which would put us in the 40's instead. If it goes southeast, maybe you'll get an even colder blast?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Indeed, we'll be getting some much-colder days coming up. It's been a long time -- at least 3 weeks -- since the temperature has dropped below 60, but we'll be in the upper 40s over the weekend, and the long-range Christmas Eve forecast calls for a high of 55 and low of 41, and highs in the mid-50s are extremely rare for west central Florida. And when it's that cold here, I shudder to think what it will be like to the north of us.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Ugh. Seems like every Christmas get's shitty. Last two Christmas's, between my father passing a few years back and Covid, have been shitty. We decided to take a quick trip to Atlanta but its going to be fucking cold. Even colder here in North Alabama. Hell, I'm not sure if I leave for a few days if the hot water tank will freeze up if I leave it off like I normally do. Fuck.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Indeed, we'll be getting some much-colder days coming up. It's been a long time -- at least 3 weeks -- since the temperature has dropped below 60, but we'll be in the upper 40s over the weekend, and the long-range Christmas Eve forecast calls for a high of 55 and low of 41, and highs in the mid-50s are extremely rare for west central Florida. And when it's that cold here, I shudder to think what it will be like to the north of us.
We were actually thinking about instead of Atlanta that we take a quick trip to Panama City. High in the upper 30's low 40's.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Ugh. Seems like every Christmas get's shitty. Last two Christmas's, between my father passing a few years back and Covid, have been shitty. We decided to take a quick trip to Atlanta but its going to be fucking cold. Even colder here in North Alabama. Hell, I'm not sure if I leave for a few days if the hot water tank will freeze up if I leave it off like I normally do. Fuck.
Atlanta doesn't get much snow, but ice is not uncommon.