Watch Rand Paul crush Stephanopoulos on 'stolen' election

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
"You're forgetting who you are as a journalist if you think there's only one side" -- Kentucky Sen. RAND PAUL

Sen. Paul and ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos had a heated exchange about a "stolen election" during the Sunday broadcast of "This Week."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and anyone should notice how often "George Clinton Stephanopoulos" interrupted and talked over Rand Paul, virtually every time that the senator attempted to make a point!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My own take on this:

George knows he's asking a question that has a much more nuanced question than " was the election stolen ". I think Rand Paul's best answer should have been " I don't know ". The real problem with the question and also Trump's message was, if it was stolen, then by whom? In essence, Trump's own message was entirely flawed. A better message would have been that the election was illegitimate. This will be the fundamental issue courts are going to have in the future.

If the new laws are found unconstitutional, what about the votes counted? No judge will simply throw them out because those votes occurred legally at the time.

If counting the votes without correct observers like in several states, that doesn't make the ballot that was counted any less legal or valid. The easiest resolution here is to recount those ballots with the proper observers, if they can.

We also know George making a statement about State's certifying their own election is dubious. There is a reason that publicly traded companies have to hire certified audit teams for checking their books. We all know that asking a company to audit it's own books would be rife with fraud, right?

Most of the people in charge of these elections at the state level are more interested in keeping their job than doing what's "right".

Moving forward, I think we need an amendment that the election for the president of the united states needs federal regulation possibly requiring an amendment, since it is the only position where everyone in the united states votes. All other positions the state can run whatever cracker jack election it wants to run.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
"You're forgetting who you are as a POLITICIAN if you think there's only one side" -- EVERY REAL AMERICAN

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
VERY WELL SAID DJ. WERE THERE MISTAKES, YES. WHO CAUSED THE MISTAKES, WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH. NOONE IN HERE FOR SURE. I THINK TRUMP SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET, HAD THINGS CHECKED OUT ABOUT ALL THE MISTAKES INSTEAD OF CRYING WOLF AND CAUSING A RIFT IN AMERICA. BUT, HE IS TRUMP, DID WE REALLY EXPECT ANYTHING LESS. ITS ALL FOR TV.

AFTER ALL, WE ALL HAVE MUCH TO LEARN.