This is Comforting

Good Times Good Times

Lots of things that the federal government should stop doing, but protecting the common goods of clean air/water seems like one of the few things you need a federal government for. Don't get me wrong, I have criticisms of the EPA, but to completely eliminate it would set us back.

Spider

Sounds like hippy dippy bologna to me.

Lots of things that the federal government should stop doing, but protecting the common goods of clean air/water seems like one of the few things you need a federal government for. Don't get me wrong, I have criticisms of the EPA, but to completely eliminate it would set us back.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
GTGT, the argument for clean air and water is pretty universal. nobody wants to poison the human race. But the waste and power grabs of all these entities is absolutely horrendous. Did you know that about half the price of a car today is smog equipment? Cars are not even the problem. And now, the EPA has banned wood stoves starting in late 2015. Approximately 60% of the U.P. residents have a wood supplemental heating unit. About 30% of the people in the U.P. heat strictly with wood burning stoves or boilers. That's just here. What about Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming, etc.? How the fuck are all these people going to heat their homes? And this is just one of the grabs. Another one is about water heaters. Price them lately? Yup, $500 to $1000. We used get them for $159.00. EPA...

Good Times Good Times

How the fuck are all these people going to heat their homes? And this is just one of the grabs. Another one is about water heaters. Price them lately? Yup, $500 to $1000. We used get them for $159.00. EPA...
My understanding, in my 5 mins of research, is If you already have one of the older ones, you CAN keep using it (thus not a "grab"). You just cannot sell or trade it to anyone else (we can have that debate). Hence for you to use it is NOT illegal though.

One other note: at least you don't use the term "hot water heater" (annoying, I digress) :p

Admittedly, I need to research the topics you've brought up.

My weekend is about to start so, we'll resume on Monday.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We were all sent some fliers from our state reps about it and from what I can remember, you're close to correct. The problem comes in when you have to do some service/repairs on the unit. The law states something to the affect that IF the unit needs repairs, and the unit is not useable without the repair, it must be tossed. Minor service such as chimney cleaning, chimney liner replacement is okay. But, if the stove has a bad glass or a bad door, grate or ash box they want the stove gone. That is fucked up.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I MIGHT BE ABLE TO TOP THAT. IM AN ELECTRICIAN IN DALLAS, TX. I HAVE HEARD RUMBLINGS THAT IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE, THEY ARE DISCUSSING DOING AWAY WITH THE "GRANDFATHER" CLAUSE. WORD IS, MOST ALL ELECTRICAL FIRES THAT HAPPEN NOW ARE IN OLDER HOMES THAT DONT HAVE ALL THE NEWER SAFETY FEATURES. THAT WOULD MEAN IF WE PULL A PERMIT TO WORK ON A HOME THAT HAS ALUMINUM WIRING OR OUTDATED PANELS, BREAKERS, OUTLETS AND THE LIKE, WE WILL HAVE TO UPDATE ALL OLD ITEMS AT THAT TIME. THAT MEANS, A $1500 JOB MIGHT COST THE HOMEOWNER $10,000 OR MORE. "WE THE PEOPLE" WILL SOON HAVE NO CONTROL OVER OUR OWN LIVES.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Elections have consequences, my friends.
BINGO!

These entities are needed somewhat, although when they are utilized for political gain- that is where the problem lies. We all want a clean planet and I'm all for alternative energy.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BINGO!

These entities are needed somewhat, although when they are utilized for political gain- that is where the problem lies. We all want a clean planet and I'm all for alternative energy.

Absolutely. But when use the alternative energy promises to gain campaign funds and pay them back we have problems. Had they spent all the alternative energy money on hydrogen instead of pissing it away on solar and electric bullshit we'd have a hydrogen infrastructure in place and the perfect alternative fuel. BUT, that would not have paid back the campaign donations.

Spider

No, people cause accidents. I think we all should be plugged into Matrix-like pods, with the government feeding us with what's best for us. All for our own good, of course.

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO TOP THAT. IM AN ELECTRICIAN IN DALLAS, TX. I HAVE HEARD RUMBLINGS THAT IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE, THEY ARE DISCUSSING DOING AWAY WITH THE "GRANDFATHER" CLAUSE. WORD IS, MOST ALL ELECTRICAL FIRES THAT HAPPEN NOW ARE IN OLDER HOMES THAT DONT HAVE ALL THE NEWER SAFETY FEATURES. THAT WOULD MEAN IF WE PULL A PERMIT TO WORK ON A HOME THAT HAS ALUMINUM WIRING OR OUTDATED PANELS, BREAKERS, OUTLETS AND THE LIKE, WE WILL HAVE TO UPDATE ALL OLD ITEMS AT THAT TIME. THAT MEANS, A $1500 JOB MIGHT COST THE HOMEOWNER $10,000 OR MORE. "WE THE PEOPLE" WILL SOON HAVE NO CONTROL OVER OUR OWN LIVES.

Spider

The govt should also outlaw forest fires. Think of the nasty carbon and particulate matter belched out.

We were all sent some fliers from our state reps about it and from what I can remember, you're close to correct. The problem comes in when you have to do some service/repairs on the unit. The law states something to the affect that IF the unit needs repairs, and the unit is not useable without the repair, it must be tossed. Minor service such as chimney cleaning, chimney liner replacement is okay. But, if the stove has a bad glass or a bad door, grate or ash box they want the stove gone. That is fucked up.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The govt should also outlaw forest fires. Think of the nasty carbon and particulate matter belched out.
It gets better, spidey. I just read a piece about California restricting barbeque use. "You ain't cookin' that steak!"

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HERE IN DALLAS, BACK IN THE OLD DAYS, THE CITY WOULD TELL US IF THE COST OF THE JOB WAS UNDER $600 THEY DIDNT WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH IT. NOW THEY TELL US IF WE HANG A CEILING FAN, WE ARE SUPPOSSED TO GET A PERMIT.