Hurricane

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
AW, y'all getting ready down there?
Dear Djarum300:

Yes, although it's going to make landfall very close to us. Fortunately, we are away from any storm-surge zones because we're about 38 feet above Gulf level, but obviously, we'll have to deal with heavy rain and high winds. We do have a "safe room" that hopefully will enable us to ride out the storm. Thanks for asking.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

Yes, although it's going to make landfall very close to us. Fortunately, we are away from any storm-surge zones because we're about 38 feet above Gulf level, but obviously, we'll have to deal with heavy rain and high winds. We do have a "safe room" that hopefully will enable us to ride out the storm. Thanks for asking.
Stay safe. I saw that they kept moving landfall farther south closer to port Charles.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Djarum300:

Be safe down there, Bill. Bug out if you have to.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Just going through Facebook and Twitter posts....

Because much of these areas voted for Desantis and Trump, there are people who are posting that they hope people died and got hurt due to the hurricane. It serves them right for not evacuating.

These people are sick.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Just going through Facebook and Twitter posts....

Because much of these areas voted for Desantis and Trump, there are people who are posting that they hope people died and got hurt due to the hurricane. It serves them right for not evacuating.

These people are sick.
I have seen posts like this as well. Unbelievable what some people will say or do in the name of politics.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm finally able to use the computer because our power just came back on almost four full days after going out on Wednesday afternoon, just in advance of hurricane landfall.

Fortunately for us -- but devastating for Fort Myers, Naples and other communities to our south -- the storm's landfall shifted south in the final hours, so we had plenty of high winds and lots of rain (slightly more than a foot), but little structural damage although many tree branches came down, most of them on driveways and roads.

Because there was no threat of a direct hit, we didn't need to use our "safe room" and there weren't any deaths or serious injuries to people in our area, but there were dozens killed and massive destruction and flooding in the three adjoining counties to our south.

At any rate -- possibly to the dismay of some forum "lurkers" -- I'll soon be returning to full forum participation, including some insightful AlwaysWrite mini-editorials.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Good that you are ok.

Yeah, areas are completely blown away. Got a friend all the way up in Port Orange that had water intrusion into their home.

Scolai

By the time it got to us here in central NC, it was a shadow of its former self. We got a shit-ton of rain and some wind, but nothing big.

Seeing the images coming out of Florida right now, my heart is with the people down there.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Desantis shuts down CNN reporter.

What neighboring counties is she talking abou?. It took me 10 minutes, but Sarasota and Manatee Counties had mandatory evacuations early Tuesday Morning and Lee County and Charlotte County had mandatory evacuations later Tuesday Monring. Collier County (Naples) didn't issues mandatory evacuation until Tuesday afternoon. Hillsborough and Pinellas County were the only counties to issue mandatory evacuations on Monday Morning, before the track changed mid-day Monday to a more southernly/easterly track. Both counties are three counties north of Lee.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

What neighboring counties is she talking abou?. It took me 10 minutes, but Sarasota and Manatee Counties had mandatory evacuations early Tuesday Morning and Lee County and Charlotte County had mandatory evacuations later Tuesday Monring. Collier County (Naples) didn't issues mandatory evacuation until Tuesday afternoon. Hillsborough and Pinellas County were the only counties to issue mandatory evacuations on Monday Morning, before the track changed mid-day Monday to a more southernly/easterly track. Both counties are three counties north of Lee.
He handled that extremely well. Never gave her a chance at another stupid question. Well done

Djarum300

Addicted Member

Even a Jacksonville, FL local news reporter is trying to stir the pot on this issue. He is wrong. The ONLY two counties with evacuation orders on Monday were Hillsborough and Pinellas County. What the reporter also doesn't understand is that would have an extra day made any difference when 2 million exit out of Tampa/St. Pete on Monday at the same time all of the coastal areas of SW Florida evacuate as well?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Mainstream mockingbird media is the enemy of the people. I sincerely hope they are sued into nonexistence.
Dear REVerse:

B-I-N-G-0!

And I should know, having been a conservative newspaper journalist for more than 50 years! I've seen the once-proud journalism profession deteriorate into a biased liberal propaganda machine!