Bad weekend for the Busch brothers...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND THE BAD TEMPER WAS ANOTHER OF MY THOUGHTS ABOUT STEWART AND BUSCH SIMILARITIES. I AM NOW OFF THAT TIRADE.
IT WAS A GREAT RACE. I AM A PENSKE FAN. I WAS AFRAID WHEN THEY RED FLAGGED IT HE WOULD LOSE HIS MOMENTUM. HE DROVE A GREAT RACE. WHEN HE GOT OUT FRONT HE WAS HARD TO CATCH. AND I THOUGHT HE LED MORE THAN 6 LAPS. I WAS SUPRISED TO HEAR THATS ALL IT WAS. AND WHEN THEY WERE RUNNING 3 WIDE 8 DEEP. DAMN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Matlock, agreed. I thought the caution/red flag would be his undoing. He had a nice gap and had the field still mostly 3 wide behind him, I am not sure they could have organized enough to run him down. But he had a great restart and just enough help from the #15 to get him out front just far enough to hold on. The last caution may have saved him as Harvick and Jr would have probably worked together to pass him out of turn 4 otherwise.
CRD, even as a fan, I can't say Penske is the 'top" team. Still think that goes to Hendricks or maybe Gibbs. Penske is one of the top teams and I think he has a great combination of drivers/crew chiefs right now that share info and can work together to make sure the whole organization moves forward. I even like "Bad Brad", lol. I think at times he can be overly agressive, but that is his style. People learned to love Earnhardt for that style over time. I think the same may happen with Brad too.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Not sure why, I just don't care for Joey. But... last year he and Kez were fast every week, and it looks like they have lost nothing in the off season. Team Penske is looking the best it ever has that I remember. I'd rather they let them race to the finish yesterday, but I don't think Harvick nor Jr could have gotten around Logano. They could have got to him and made it interesting, but I don't think either could have beat him to the line. Hendricks still #1 IMO. Then Penske, Gibbs. Hard to call Stewart/Hass since they're basically Hendricks. They should be much stronger than they are. If it wasn't for Harvick they'd not be getting tv time except for Danica's wrecks...