Bad weekend for the Busch brothers...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Not talking beer, but NASCAR. Kurt gets indefinitely suspended after a ruling against him in a domestic violence case, and the next day Kyle breaks hus right leg and left foot in a crash. I'm not a fan of either, in fact one of my favorite NASCAR moments was when Jimmy Spencer (Mr. Excitement) punched Kurt in the mouth after a few on track altercations. But I have a problem with the domestic issue when the woman lets herself into his residence, uninvited, refuses to leave, then gets to play the victim card and destroy a man's career with no accountability for her own actions. But, I'm not the judge and we know how accurate and honest today's media is, so I'll defer that this played out different than it's been reported. As for Kyle, that was a wicked, wicked hit he took. And I agree with the drivers, knowing how anything can happen anywhere at Daytona, with the speeds they are running it is idiotic that SAFER barriers are not on every wall that faces the racing surface. I don't wish for even the guys I don't like to get hurt and incapacitated in these wrecks (any sport needs an antagonist to root against, after all), and hopefully his injuries will lead NASCAR to push track owners to make those changes (if they haven't already). The 500 is this afternoon, and I find myself rooting FOR two cars I usually don't; The 41 with Regan Smith (would be great if he won it for Stewart since NASCAR and Tony stole a win from him back in 2008 (I think) for that bullshit "passung below the yellow line" rule when Tony blocked him down there. The 18, which I haven't cheered for since Bobby Labonte retired. Matt Crofton has a shot here to do big things for his career. Don't know much about him, but I'm all for guys getting a break and capitalizing on the opportunity. Not a fan of the plate racing, but that combined with the teams behind them give these guys a legitimate shot to win today. Hope it's a good race and not a snooze fest, but I expect only the last 5 or 10 laps will actually be worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AGREE WITH YOU ON THE KURT THING. EVEN THE JUDGES PRESS RELEASE WAS, "HE PROBABLY DID IT". STEWART DIDNT "PROBABLY" RUN OVER A GUY, HE DEFINNATLY RAN HIM OVER AND NOTHING HAPPENED. EVEN IF SHE ISNT AN "ASSASIN", SHE IS IN THE SECURITY BUSINESS. ARENT THEY TRAINED TO COVER UP CERTAIN THINGS AND LIE IF NEED BE AND BE BELIEVABLE AT IT?
AND DID YOU SEE KYLES FOOT WHEN THEY LOADED HIM ON THE STRETCHER! SHIT! IT WAS FACING THE WRONG WAY.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Yeah, Stewart ran over an idiot who was high on pot and shouldn't even have been racing let alone getting out of his and running on the track shaking his fist at racers.
He had to show that big bad professional how tough he was, tho.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF STEWART WERE A "PROFESSIONAL", HE WOULD HAVE STOPPED HIS CAR AND THAT SITUATION WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. THE KID WAS AN IDIOT AND EVERYONE THERE NEW THAT, INCLUDING STEWART. STEWART RAN OVER AN IDIOT AND GOT AWAY WITH MANSLAUGHTER. RUN OVER A JAYWALKER IN YOUR TOWN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WAMO MATLOCK said:
IF STEWART WERE A "PROFESSIONAL", HE WOULD HAVE STOPPED HIS CAR AND THAT SITUATION WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. THE KID WAS AN IDIOT AND EVERYONE THERE NEW THAT, INCLUDING STEWART. STEWART RAN OVER AN IDIOT AND GOT AWAY WITH MANSLAUGHTER. RUN OVER A JAYWALKER IN YOUR TOWN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU.
He got away with nothing. The guy was on drugs which illegal and one of the stup[idest fucking things one can do in a RACE car. Plus, his hot big man temper did him in. Had he stayed IN THE CAR as per the rules of racing he would still be alive today. He was a dumbass punk who thought he was a tough guy and tried to show off for the crowd. Guess he won;t do that again.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't get the Tony haters in regards to that situation. He had no reason to be upset with Kevin. He did not murder that kid. He did not try to scare him or otherwise. Hell, the car in front of Tony damn near hit him. Kevin is the one and ONLY ONE responsible for what happened that night. The courts (including a Grand Jury) that heard and saw every bit of information regarding that accident came to the same conclusion, otherwise Tony would have been charged - with something, even a lesser offense. He wasn't. End of story.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NO TONY HATER HERE. THE JUDGE IN BUSCHES CASE SAID "HE PROBABLY DID IT". IF THE JUDGE THAT HEARD STEWARTS CASE, HAD THAT SAME THOUGHT PROCESS, MIGHT HAVE BEEN A WHOLE DIFFERENT OUTCOME. IN MOST CASES IT TAKES ALOT MORE THAN REASONABLE DOUBT. "PROBABLY" KIND OF LEAVES ROOM FOR REASONABLE DOUBT DOESNT IT?
AND BACK TO THE STONED JAYWALKER SENERIO. YOU STILL GO TO JAIL IF YOU RUN HIM DOWN.
AND IF ANYONE HERE THINKS THAT AT SOME POINT IN NASCAR HISTORY, THAT ALOT OF THOSE GUYS DIDNT HAVE A GUZZLE OF MOONSHINE OR SMOKE A LITTLE POT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER A RACE, BEFORE RULE CHANGES, YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND I CAN REMEMBER TONY GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR ON THE TRACK ON ATLEAST 2 DIFFERENT OCCATIONS AND TOSSING HIS HELMET AT ANOTHER DRIVER. GUESS HE DOESNT KNOW THAT RULE THAT WELL EITHER. OR WAS HE HIGH?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WAMO MATLOCK said:
NO TONY HATER HERE. THE JUDGE IN BUSCHES CASE SAID "HE PROBABLY DID IT". IF THE JUDGE THAT HEARD STEWARTS CASE, HAD THAT SAME THOUGHT PROCESS, MIGHT HAVE BEEN A WHOLE DIFFERENT OUTCOME. IN MOST CASES IT TAKES ALOT MORE THAN REASONABLE DOUBT. "PROBABLY" KIND OF LEAVES ROOM FOR REASONABLE DOUBT DOESNT IT?
AND BACK TO THE STONED JAYWALKER SENERIO. YOU STILL GO TO JAIL IF YOU RUN HIM DOWN.
AND IF ANYONE HERE THINKS THAT AT SOME POINT IN NASCAR HISTORY, THAT ALOT OF THOSE GUYS DIDNT HAVE A GUZZLE OF MOONSHINE OR SMOKE A LITTLE POT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER A RACE, BEFORE RULE CHANGES, YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.
No you don't. If a drugged up idiot is walking across the road NOT in a cross walk and he gets hit it's his own problem. Don;t know where you live but that's the law in at least 99.9999% of the country.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WAMO MATLOCK said:
AND I CAN REMEMBER TONY GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR ON THE TRACK ON ATLEAST 2 DIFFERENT OCCATIONS AND TOSSING HIS HELMET AT ANOTHER DRIVER. GUESS HE DOESNT KNOW THAT RULE THAT WELL EITHER. OR WAS HE HIGH?
He wasn't astupid enough to walk into the path of a DRIVING car on the track.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DALLAS. HERE YOU WOULD. UNTIL THEY DO TESTS TO PROVE HE WAS DRUGGED UP. YOU COULD POST BAIL, BUT YOU WOULD GO TO JAIL. IS THAT THE COUNTRY OF TENNESSEE?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You're completely unreasonable. Someone was on illegal drugs, piloting a reace car and putting many lives at risk. The guy doesn't like something another driver does, so instead of confronting him in the pits AFTER the race, he decides to walk out into traffic on a RACE TRACK during a caution. He's missed by the first guy and is hit by the second. You want to blame the guy in the race car doing what he's supposed to be doing, and sober? You either just want to argue or you have no idea what common sense is.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, and that was on pit road, and he stood far enough away to throw something. But, still a stupid move.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm not saying Tony (or any of the others) have never done anything stupid. And if Tony would have stepped in front of Kenseth's car and got run over, it would have been all on Tony.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT REALLY PICKING ON TONY. THAT WAS JUST THE MOST RECENT THAT CAME TO MIND. WAS REALLY TRYING TO SHOW HOW BUSCH IS GETTING A STIFF PENALTY FOR A MIGHT HAVE DONE SOMETHING.
I HAVE ALWAYS TYPED USEING CAPS.

A lot going on in this thread, let me address a few things:
Kurt - To me this is a "he said/she said" thing, unfortunately. I do not condone domestic violence. I do not always believe the woman had it coming in these cases. But this is one where the woman might have to take a portion of the blame, if the reporting so far is accurate. That being said, if Kurt did even half of what she accused him of, he was wrong. But unlike the Ray Rice incident, at least as far as I know, there is no video to show what really happened. But, since the Rice case, and how the NFL bungled it, every other sporting Association is going to err on the side of being too tough on the people in order to appease the public. Plus, Kurt has a history of losing his temper and making stupid decision that have been videotaped, so he isn't going to get much benefit of the doubt the here.
Kyle - That was a horrible crash. The issue I have is that Kevin Harvick crashed in the same area last year, hard. He wasn't hurt so DIS did nothing. Now that Kyle got hurt they will make changes to that wall, putting tires up for the 500, and adding SAFER barriers before the 4th of July race. The problem with NASCAR, well one of the problems, is that they are reactionary. They don't do a lot until something really bad happens. It took Earnhardt's death in order to add major safety precautions to the cars and tracks. It took Neil Bonnet's death for changes to catch fences. It took Dan Wheldon's death for even futher improvements to them. Changes need to be proactive, to help people from getting hurt or killed.
Tony - Mr Matlock. Why is it Tony's fault that someone walked down into the racing line? Mr. Ward, may he RIP, chose to put himself in harm's way. It was his decision to walk into on-coming race cars that were traveling around the track. Would this be an issue if the driver in the car before Stewart's would have hit and killed him? Would you be yelling about it this long past the event if he wasn't charged with a crime? Somehow, I don't think so. And that says it all about your rant against Stewart. Everyone is sorry that a good young racer lost his life. But Mr. Ward made the decisions that caused the incident. If he would have stood by his car and thrown his helmet at Stewart, a move you are criticizing Stewart for, he would still be alive. If he would have stayed out of the racing line and pointed. gestured, given Stewart the finger....he would still be alive. You want to blame someone for Mr. Ward's death....blame him.
And lastly, why is no one talking about the great finish to the 500 yesterday. Roger Penske walks away with his second Daytona 500 trophy thanks to Joey Logano. Logano drove a great race, especially the last 50 laps. He stayed at the front during a long stretch of 3 wide racing for lead. Made a great restart on the GWC to move to the front and take the win. The second youngest driver to win the 500, even though he has been driving for so long. I think this along with last year shows that he was rushed into the Cup series, with too high expectations. Now that he has had time to develop and time to mature, he is showing how good he really is. Look forward to a great season for Team Penske this year and hopefully a 2nd NASCAR championship for The Captain.