Why MI Drivers are Insane? (For Greg)

Good Times Good Times

I'll look to Greg for verification on this.

Long story short, my wife is doing a few IT type stuff training sessions for her work in their Michigan markets (STAY AWAY YOU PERVS! :mad: :p).

Per the wife: "i figured out why michigan drivers are insane, their speed limit is literally 70 mph everywhere.
I'm driving down the interstate in the middle of a city going 70. Hell, even the highways are 70. I can't decide if i love that or not….it's almost like driving in california where people just don't care."

True/False?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
One thing you should be sure to mention; crosswalks don't mean jack shit in MI!! They'll run your ass over if you're in the road, crosswalk or not. At least that's how it was when I was up there.

Speed Limits Schlimits! I'm in TX now! If'n you ain't doin' 80, yer just in the damn way! :Coffee::Eek::D

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, most places have a posted limit of 55, except for rural 4 lanes or freeways. They are 70. BUT!!!!!!!! Fear not, for most of us have our own interpretation of those posted limits. We figure they're only in effect when there's a LEO in the vicinity. I travel most anywhere at speeds between 65 and 75. Gotta be careful entering Wisconsin, tho. No fucking senses of humor over there at all.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The problem I see in MI and here in OH are the people that don't do the speed limit and are in the wrong lane.
If they are not passing, they should not be in the left lane.
Mi State Police have a large campaign going right now about that. If you're caught driving in the left lane for any reason other than passing or exiting you're ticketed. That's gonna fuck me up cuz I usually pass people for about 20 miles!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Mi State Police have a large campaign going right now about that. If you're caught driving in the left lane for any reason other than passing or exiting you're ticketed. That's gonna fuck me up cuz I usually pass people for about 20 miles!
Well then, SPEED THE FUCK UP and you'll get around them quicker. Maybe even in less than a mile! ;):p:Roflmao:

livespive

See I just wish that you would at least do the speed limit, and if someone comes up on you move, but no one pays attention.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HEY G. IF YOU WERE IN YOUR CADDY, YOU WOULDNT BE DRIVING, YOU'D BE CRUZIN.
Gotta say, one of the absolute best machines I've owned. 97 Seville with the Northstar v8. Power up the ass, cruise at 80 all day long and get 31mpg.