WHY IS IT

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHEN SPORTS FIGURES ARE INTERVIEWED ON TV, THEY ALWAYS SAY, "I LOVE THIS GAME I GET TO PLAY EVERY DAY. I STARTED PLAYING AT AN EARLY AGE, AND I GET TO KEEP PLAYING IT". YET, WHEN ITS CONTRACT TIME YOU HEAR, "THIS IS A BUSINESS". WHAT DO MY AB PEEPS THINK?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Very few athletes are playing for the love of the game these days. Back in the day they all played for the love because they were paid shit. Thanx to unions, we can now enjoy watching over-paid, under-worked pussies who think they deserve multi-million dollar contracts paid for by American ticket sales, all the while they protest and disgrace the American flag and offend their fans.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
By the same token, EVERY elected politician will claim that they sought the job "because they want to serve the people" ... but NONE of them will ever admit that they do it because they want the power or the influence (and resultant financial gain)

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Very few athletes are playing for the love of the game these days. Back in the day they all played for the love because they were paid shit. Thanx to unions, we can now enjoy watching over-paid, under-worked pussies who think they deserve multi-million dollar contracts paid for by American ticket sales, all the while they protest and disgrace the American flag and offend their fans.
Dear Greg T:

They might GET those high salaries, but they DON'T deserve them.

livespive

Not really Greg and AW......

When the manager/ owner is pulling in 10 Billion dollars for sitting on his ass, and you are the one getting you head bashed
in, you don't think you deserve a piece of that????

I played in high school, and they wanted me to play in college, but I wanted to get my diploma, and a major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science didn't leave time for football.

Even in college yeah most are getting a scholarship but some are not, and the money that those programs make is insane. the kids should get some of that as well because they run the same risk there too.....

Watch the movie The Program and you will se what I mean.

Once again, one man "Capitalizing" off of the backs of many. Capitalism at work:

"Back in the day they all played for the love because they were paid shit."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

When the manager/ owner is pulling in 10 Billion dollars for sitting on his ass, and you are the one getting you head bashed

I played in high school, and they wanted me to play in college, but I wanted to get my diploma, and a major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science didn't leave time for football.

Even in college yeah most are getting a scholarship but some are not, and the money that those programs make is insane. the kids should get some of that as well because they run the same risk there too.....

Once again, one man "Capitalizing" off of the backs of many. Capitalism at work:

That's not it. I'm not talking about the owners, managers, upper management, etc. I'm simply talking about the players. Baseball and Hockey I don't have a problem with because they earn what they get. 160 games a year plus post season is enough to take it's toll. But football is filled with spoiled brat little pussies who can't even stay out of trouble, and are paid 20 times what they're worth for a lousy 16 fucking games. and then they feel the need to protest for inequality??

livespive

And can you imagine what their heads would be like if they played 160 games???????

but you are talking about the upper management, where is all the money going? if the players don't get it, then upper management does.
Getting into trouble is something different because even upper management gets in trouble they just make it go away.

Earning your pay is what you go through when you play the sport, not how many games you play. All you do in baseball is hit a ball
and run around the field. Hockey you skate around, the goal keeper is the only one that puts in work where it counts.

My point is regardless of the sport the players deserve to ask for what they ask for....

Basically you guys are saying that it is slavery, instead of cotton the end product is entertainment, and the upper management owns the players/slaves.

That's not it. I'm not talking about the owners, managers, upper management, etc. I'm simply talking about the players. Baseball and Hockey I don't have a problem with because they earn what they get. 160 games a year plus post season is enough to take it's toll. But football is filled with spoiled brat little pussies who can't even stay out of trouble, and are paid 20 times what they're worth for a lousy 16 fucking games. and then they feel the need to protest for inequality??

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
There's another aspect of the ridiculous high salaries, and that's the "GUARANTEED" aspect of it. When a player signs a contract (via his high-salaried agent), he gets the money even though he may have more turnovers than touchdowns, consistently leaves men on base in late-game situations, or misses key free throws down the stretch.

livespive

That's like playing the stock market :)

Sometimes it looks better on paper than it is :)

I am getting burned right now, Fatburger went public and things looked like they were going to be good, but I have lost half my money.
I want to trade them at the end of the season :p:D

There's another aspect of the ridiculous high salaries, and that's the "GUARANTEED" aspect of it. When a player signs a contract (via his high-salaried agent), he gets the money even though he may have more turnovers than touchdowns, consistently leaves men on base in late-game situations, or misses key free throws down the stretch.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THERE WOULDNT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THAT MUCH MONEY INVOLVED IF THE PLAYERS DIDNT DEMAND SO MUCH. PLAYING 16 GAMES A YEAR FOR $20M, THATS ABSURD. THE BEST PLAYER IN ANY SPORT SHOULD NOT MAKE OVER $5M A YEAR. THEN IF THEIR STATS GO DOWN THAT YEAR, THEIR SALARY GOES DOWN NEXT YEAR. THEY GET INCENTIVES TO PERFORM BETTER, THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY BACK IF THEY DONT. AND THEY KNOW WHEN THEY PLAY A SPORT, THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK OF INJURY. I DONT REMEMBER HEARING OF ANY SLAVES BEING PAID $20M A YEAR. NOR DO I REMEMBER HEARING THEY GOT T-SHIRT, BOBBLE HEADS, DRINK AND FOOD ENDORSMENTS, OR ANY OF THE PERKS THESE PLAYERS GET. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING. BUT JUST LIKE YOUR JOB LIVE, DO YOU THINK YOU MAKE ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT THE OWNERS AND MANAGERS DO? AND IF YOU DID 16 DRAWINGS A YEAR AND 8 OF THEM WERE BAD, HOW LONG WOULD YOU KEEP YOUR JOB?

livespive

hmmmmmmmm

Funny you say that, how much is the owner making?

If everyone is in it for the love of the game, then let's do it that way. Owners, you get enough money to cover what you put in plus a 30% profit, Players get paid on a pay scale based on position, performance etc.

NO ONE in the NFL deserves that much money.

THERE WOULDNT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THAT MUCH MONEY INVOLVED IF THE PLAYERS DIDNT DEMAND SO MUCH. PLAYING 16 GAMES A YEAR FOR $20M, THATS ABSURD. THE BEST PLAYER IN ANY SPORT SHOULD NOT MAKE OVER $5M A YEAR. THEN IF THEIR STATS GO DOWN THAT YEAR, THEIR SALARY GOES DOWN NEXT YEAR. THEY GET INCENTIVES TO PERFORM BETTER, THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY BACK IF THEY DONT. AND THEY KNOW WHEN THEY PLAY A SPORT, THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK OF INJURY. I DONT REMEMBER HEARING OF ANY SLAVES BEING PAID $20M A YEAR. NOR DO I REMEMBER HEARING THEY GOT T-SHIRT, BOBBLE HEADS, DRINK AND FOOD ENDORSMENTS, OR ANY OF THE PERKS THESE PLAYERS GET. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING. BUT JUST LIKE YOUR JOB LIVE, DO YOU THINK YOU MAKE ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT THE OWNERS AND MANAGERS DO? AND IF YOU DID 16 DRAWINGS A YEAR AND 8 OF THEM WERE BAD, HOW LONG WOULD YOU KEEP YOUR JOB?

livespive

It's obvious that you have missed the entire point of the comparison:

And even in my line of work the same goes, VP, or President, or owner doesn't have any Arc Flash background, hell sometimes they don't have an EE.

But the first example is more relevant in that we are not talking about perks we are talking about the end product. The slave owner gets all the money, and the slave gets a place to live and food, and land there at the end.....

In pro sports its the same thing, the owner is getting paid tons, he wouldn't be able to pay the players what they are getting now if he didn't.

End product cotton /entertainment both require someone out in the field :p:D

Djarum300

Addicted Member
You lost me when you said baseball....

Djarum300

Addicted Member

Didn't realize you were an EE. I've got my degree in Computer Engineering.

livespive

Yeah, EE, P.E. concentration in power.
Graduated in 1995, so I am an old fart, though not as old as Greg, WAMO, and AW :p:p:p:p;)

I had a minor in Computer science, but Fortran, and Pascal were getting on my nerves so I dropped it.

How do you like it?

Didn't realize you were an EE. I've got my degree in Computer Engineering.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Well, much of what I was doing was embedded device drivers and small Rtos type firmware. Much of that type code is getting either done overseas or not required as more and more chipset are getting homogenized.

The stuff from overseas is junk and buggy. I'm now doing C#. More of a pure OO computer language, much like Java.

Honestly, CPE is getting more niche. I'd have predepref to double in EE as well. Heck, my senior project for a full year was VHDL on fpga. Most of that here is done by EEs. Most if the work here in Huntsville is defense contractors dealing with NASA, Marshall Space flight center, or Army on Redstone Arsenal.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LIKE G SAID, THE PLAYERS UNION CAUSED THE HIGHER PRICES AND INCOME. AND THE PLAYERS UNION MAKES THIS NO WHERE NEAR A SLAVE SITUATION. HOW MANY PLAYERS (SLAVES) PAID $10B TO BUY A FRANCHISE TO HIRE THE PLAYERS (SLAVES) TO PAY THE PLAYERS (SLAVES) THE RIDICULOUS MONEY THEY GET? SORRY SIR, I REALLY DO NOT SEE ANY COMPARISON.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DID A KITCHEN REMODEL FOR AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER A FEW YEARS BACK. ALL I CAN SAY IS...NEVER AGAIN. THAT GUY WATCHED ME LIKE A HAWK. BUT HE DIDNT UNDERSTAND SO MANY ASPECTS OF MAKING HIS DRAWING FIT THE CURRENT CODES. HE DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY I COULDNT DO CERTAIN THINGS BY HIS DRWAINGS. I FINALLY HAD TO GET MY CODE BOOK OUT AND SHOW HIM WHY. HIS WIFE FINALLY TOLD HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE. :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: