We're falling more and more into a pool of hatred

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[EDITOR'S NOTE: A Facebook friend just posted this, and I agree with it enough to want to share it. I don't believe he's ever been a writer or journalist, and I have no idea whether it's an original piece or one he picked up from another source. At any rate, I'm relaying it exactly as sent, with no editing on my part.]

I've tried to find the best words to express myself, and not offend anyone. I love all my friends and family, which are made up of several different races, religions, nationalities, and sexual preferences. I judge no one. Here it goes:
2 months ago people were burning American flags because they represent oppression. This month it's rebel flags and monuments. The protesters want the names of streets changes if they're named after confederate generals. What's next? Do we hunt down the descendants of those soldiers, and destroy them? How about changing towns or cities named after religious people, like St. Augustine or St. Petersburg? Hatred doesn't live in inanimate objects, it's in the people that seek to destroy or deface them. These items have been here for years, and never bothered anyone. They represent history, good or bad. The people on those monuments fought for their civil rights, even as misguided as they were, it was their civil right to so.
Please understand, slavery was wrong and awful, and no person should have ever been owned by another.
We're bordering on another civil type war, because of all the hatred amongst ourselves. The klan and neo-nazis represents a small group off ass-hats stuck in the past. We're falling into a pool of hatred, and these people are standing on the side watching us fight each other. We're doing exactly what they want, we are beginning to divide as a nation, and the ass-hats will be the only winners.
STOP THE HATRED!!

Scolai

People took to the campus of UNC today to protest Silent Sam, a confederate statue. It was pretty much an all-white crowd screaming about a racist statue. I'm wondering, based on the racial makeup of that crowd, if African Americans are as upset about this whole Confederate statue thing as the media is telling us - because they sure as hell aren't showing up at the local protests here in NC.

And I live in a part of the country where the Confederacy sits on every. fucking. corner. in a county that is 76% African American. The black folks here honestly don't give two shits about the statues - but one liberal pantywaste of the Caucasian variety has gotten his knickers in a knot over an historic picture at a local restaurant (where my wife works) that depicts the Daughters of the Confederacy choir. He wants it removed - and it will be removed, lest he raise a shit-storm over it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
People took to the campus of UNC today to protest Silent Sam, a confederate statue. It was pretty much an all-white crowd screaming about a racist statue. I'm wondering, based on the racial makeup of that crowd, if African Americans are as upset about this whole Confederate statue thing as the media is telling us - because they sure as hell aren't showing up at the local protests here in NC.

And I live in a part of the country where the Confederacy sits on every. fucking. corner. in a county that is 76% African American. The black folks here honestly don't give two shits about the statues - but one liberal pantywaste of the Caucasian variety has gotten his knickers in a knot over an historic picture at a local restaurant (where my wife works) that depicts the Daughters of the Confederacy choir. He wants it removed - and it will be removed, lest he raise a shit-storm over it.
That's because the fucking liberal PC snowflakes have to jump on every bandwagon that happens along. One of these days it will be jeans, or sneakers, or blond hair!!!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I JUST HEARD ON THE NEWS THAT THERE IS A GROUP PROTESTING THE NAMES WASHINGTON, JEFFERSON AND JACKSON. THEY WANT THEM REMOVED FROM THE HISTORY BOOKS. (JUST KIDDING, OR AM I?)

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If you like sleeping on white linens, you best stock up now! I'm pretty certain white sheets will be deemed offensive and outlawed soon in an effort to thwart the KKK. :rolleyes:

livespive

That's the problem, rather directly or indirectly he is. Mr Duke has him so tied up in this that unless he come out and loudmouths Duke
like he does other things he will continue to be thought of as racist.

And Like Scolai said, the black folks in his neck of the woods know it is just that history, and the whites do too.

The Dems/liberals will do ANYTHING, true or not, to link Trump to racism and white supremacy.

bbfreeburn

That's the problem, rather directly or indirectly he is. Mr Duke has him so tied up in this that unless he come out and loudmouths Duke
like he does other things he will continue to be thought of as racist.

And Like Scolai said, the black folks in his neck of the woods know it is just that history, and the whites do too.
Just as those of you on the right will do anything, make up any "fact" to defame Hillary Rodham Clinton.
It's called "Politics."

livespive

Nah, I'm not on the right or left.....

I with the straight party, lets get the country straitened up :)

All of these "parties" are too messed up for me to pick one.

I pick whoever is closest to what I like, and if there is none I don't vote.

Just as those of you on the right will do anything, make up any "fact" to defame Hillary Rodham Clinton.
It's called "Politics."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It's called "Politics."
Well, that's just the thing. Nobody HAS to make up anything about Chillary. She's got enough skeletons to fill Wadi Al-Salaam.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
It's called "Politics."
Dear bbfreeburn:

I'm obviously "on the right" ... and I've made MANY posts with regard to Hillary ... but can you cite ANY false "facts" that I've ever posted about her?

bbfreeburn

Well for beginners (and I admit I cannot for sure state that you have ever said this), of the many supposed murders committed by HRC, none have been proven, almost all have been shown to be false accusations. But I'm not going to get into yet another fruitless discussion of this, my point being that both sides will cite the merest innenuendo, rumor, whatever, to further their "cause."

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT BB. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A "SIDE" TO CHOOSE. AND ONCE ENTRENCHED ON THAT "SIDE", THERE IS USUALLY NO GOING BACK. AND ONCE IN OFFICE, NO MATER WHOM IT IS, THEY NEVER FULLFIL EVERY PROMISE THEY MADE. AS YOU SAID, "POLITICS". WE BUILT IT, WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well for beginners (and I admit I cannot for sure state that you have ever said this), of the many supposed murders committed by HRC, none have been proven, almost all have been shown to be false accusations. But I'm not going to get into yet another fruitless discussion of this, my point being that both sides will cite the merest innenuendo, rumor, whatever, to further their "cause."
Kinda hard to prove when there isn't a prosecutor with enough nads to try an investigation because they know the death list is so fucking long.