Trump Announces ObamaCare Replacement Ready

MI2AZ

Donald Trump says he's got a plan to replace ObamaCare ready to go—and there will be "insurance for everybody." In an interview with the Washington Post, the president-elect doesn't say much about the specifics of TrumpCare, though he does say there will be "lower numbers, much lower deductibles." He says the plan is "very much formulated down to the final strokes" and he will unveil it alongside House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell at some point after Rep. Tom Price, his choice for health secretary, is confirmed. He says there will be no cuts to Medicare under his plan, which he says will leave people currently covered by the Affordable Care Act "beautifully covered."

"We're going to have insurance for everybody," Trump tells the Post. "There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That’s not going to happen with us." Under his law, he says, people "can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better." Trump, who claims his plan will get plenty of support from Democrats, says he plans to use public pressure to force drug companies to negotiate with Medicare and Medicaid, and he is not troubled by suggestions that the move could cause stocks to drop. Medicare drug negotiations were banned by a 2003 law, and Politico notes that Democrats tend to be more in favor of them than Republicans.

MI2AZ

So there was a law passed in 2003 banning drug pricing negotiations? That was dumb and costly to the public.

Robadat

Trump, who claims his plan will get plenty of support from Democrats
I'm sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around this hope of his. Judging by the reactions of the dems to date, I just can not fathom them EVER agreeing to support or vote in favor of a plan offered by Trump no matter how good it might be for the public and/or dem voters in particular...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around this hope of his. Judging by the reactions of the dems to date, I just can not fathom them EVER agreeing to support or vote in favor of a plan offered by Trump no matter how good it might be for the public and/or dem voters in particular...
Dear Robadat:

Then again, there are a number of senators up for election in 2018 who may be careful in how they vote over the next two years, because some of them represent states that voted solidly for Trump in November.

livespive

Looking at the way it went for Obama, I would agree with you.

Trump is going to see that he will have the problems that Obama had.

bbfreeburn

Rob, it's not just the Dems. Several recent polls show Trump with the lowest approval rating of any incumbent president in the last 40 years.

MI2AZ

Bob, but Trump is claiming that the polls are inaccurate and part of a broader conspiracy against him, so he says not to trust polls or the media.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Bob, but Trump is claiming that the polls are inaccurate and part of a broader conspiracy against him, so he says not to trust polls or the media.
Dear MI2AZ:

The polls WERE inaccurate, and the lamestream media isn't trustworthy in too many instances.

MI2AZ

Dear MI2AZ:

The polls WERE inaccurate, and the lamestream media isn't trustworthy in too many instances.
I think the mainstream media is much more accurate than the ones who sit in their basement in front of a computer spewing out whatever pops into their head and passing it off as news.

The polls were within their error rate.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I think the mainstream media is much more accurate than the ones who sit in their basement in front of a computer spewing out whatever pops into their head and passing it off as news.

The polls were within their error rate.
Dear MI2AZ:

If so, for example, the "error rate" must necessarily have been at least 9 points in Wisconsin (in both the presidential and Senate races).

MI2AZ

Found this:

Nationally, polling broadly predicted that Hillary Clinton had more support — and she did, winning the popular vote by nearly 3 million ballots. The final average of polls compiled by RealClearPolitics estimated that Clinton would win by 3.2 points nationally; she won by 2.1. Both that average and the average compiled by Clement in his piece ended up closer to the mark in 2016 than in 2012, when President Obama's victory was widely underestimated.

Where the polls were wrong was in the states. Pollsters in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania had Hillary Clinton winning those states even late in the cycle, but she didn't. It was narrow wins in those states and Michigan — for a total of fewer than 78,000 votes — that handed Trump his electoral college margin, and the White House.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SO IF I UNDERSTAND ALL THE GARBLE ABOVE, TRUMP WON. RIGHT? AND WHATEVER TRUMPCARE HE COMES UP WITH, IM SURE WONT BE WORSE THAN THE CURRENT OBAMACRAP.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
SO IF I UNDERSTAND ALL THE GARBLE ABOVE, TRUMP WON. RIGHT? AND WHATEVER TRUMPCARE HE COMES UP WITH, IM SURE WONT BE WORSE THAN THE CURRENT OBAMACRAP.
And we probably won't have to pass it to see what's in it.

MI2AZ

I hope he does have a good replacement plan, that is why I posted this topic. Let's discuss it more as soon as he releases any information on it other than it's great, beautiful, and much better. He says it is already formulated down to the last detail so I hope it is better than what I currently have.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I hope he does have a good replacement plan, that is why I posted this topic. Let's discuss it more as soon as he releases any information on it other than it's great, beautiful, and much better. He says it is already formulated down to the last detail so I hope it is better than what I currently have.
That's easy. Let's face it. NO insurance at all is better than Bam Bam care.