This Is Just Stupid, Right?

radioactive

ESPN is going out of its way to try and avoid controversies related to the highly sensitive matter that occurred in Charlottesville two weeks ago. Accordingly, they switched the assignment for a play-by-play announcer because of his name.

ESPN confirmed on Tuesday night that they moved an announcer named Robert Lee off the Virginia-William & Mary football game on Sept. 2.

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue,” ESPN said in a statement shared with Larry Brown Sports.

That is a home game for Virginia which is in Charlottesville.

livespive

Sue them for discrimination he's Asian :Biggrin:

But this shit is crazy. I'm My father's name (R.I.P.) is Robert Lee, what do I do???

radioactive

OK, but the protest is so two faced. I work for the State of Virginia. This passed January we got the 16th off for Martin Luther King day (National Holiday), but we also got off the 13th for Lee/Jackson Day. Anyone wanna guess who that is celebrating? Didn't hear a single word about why we still celebrate their birthdays? And I bet I won't next year either, but if we suddenly don't get that holiday anymore I bet there will be some complaining.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
STUPID, INDEED ... as some "snowflakes" continue to melt. Had Robert Lee called the Virginia game, some of them would have had to seek out "safe zones" or hire professional "cuddlers."

livespive

What they should do is make the announcement that they are take away the 13th now (or have it brought to a vote)
That way you will see who are just trouble makers.

OK, but the protest is so two faced. I work for the State of Virginia. This passed January we got the 16th off for Martin Luther King day (National Holiday), but we also got off the 13th for Lee/Jackson Day. Anyone wanna guess who that is celebrating? Didn't hear a single word about why? And I bet I won't next year either, but if we suddenly don't get that holiday anymore I bet there will be some complaining.