The role of the congress is to advise and consent (with the approval of the NRA)

Good Times Good Times

Like I've said before, simply as a political strategy, when a Democrat is elected in the general election they should appoint the youngest, most left-wing justice in history simply to get over on the Republicans for these types of actions.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Way to prove Trump's claims of corruption in the system as being correct. The People think these officials represent them, when it's clear they only represent the interests of specific lobby groups on specific topics.

Another reason Trump NEEDS to win and complete the destruction of at least one of the two corrupt parties!

Robadat

This is not a Republican OR Democrat problem, EVERY critter in Congress is controlled in some way by Special Interest Groups. To think otherwise is just plain foolishness. SIG's spend big money to buy critters that support their stances. At least McConnell came out and said who is pushing this particular stance.
I'd rather the critters all voted based on what the people who voted them in want, but if that isn't the case, I'd at least like to know who's pushing the critter's stance that their electorate may be adverse to.

Like I've said before, simply as a political strategy, when a Democrat is elected in the general election they should appoint the youngest, most left-wing justice in history simply to get over on the Republicans for these types of actions.
I may and may not be wrong here, but it is my belief that if the shoe was on the other foot, that Harry Reid and the Democrats would be trying to delay the next supreme court nominee exactly the same way as the Republicans are trying to do. One side is no better than the other side anymore. They are all corrupt and in it for themselves and not what the people want.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I may and may not be wrong here, but it is my belief that if the shoe was on the other foot, that Harry Reid and the Democrats would be trying to delay the next supreme court nominee exactly the same way as the Republicans are trying to do. One side is no better than the other side anymore. They are all corrupt and in it for themselves and not what the people want.
Dear Brickguy221:

You're absolutely correct on that.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It's been done that way for the last 80 years.

toolguru

Total Tool
Guess that makes it okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't think it makes it okay, but unfortunately it is true that those in our government seem more interested in stymying the opposing gang in their neverending turf war rather than trying to do anything productive for the country.

I've said for a long time now one side could find a cure for cancer with some great legislation, and the other side would try to shut it down simply to keep them from getting credit for doing something great that would benefit the country (and most importantly gain those votes). Yet working together to craft legislation that would cure cancer is completely out of the question! Because, you know, it's traitorous to work with fellow Americans for the benefit of the whole country.

Sad, really.

toolguru

Total Tool
I don't think it makes it okay, but unfortunately it is true that those in our government seem more interested in stymying the opposing gang in their neverending turf war rather than trying to do anything productive for the country.

I've said for a long time now one side could find a cure for cancer with some great legislation, and the other side would try to shut it down simply to keep them from getting credit for doing something great that would benefit the country (and most importantly gain those votes). Yet working together to craft legislation that would cure cancer is completely out of the question! Because, you know, it's traitorous to work with fellow Americans for the benefit of the whole country.

Sad, really.
Oh, very sad. Is all about spite now and getting over on the other side. I wonder if we passed a law outlawing a little R or D indoor of their names when running would clean it up. Just run on your experience and your ideas, not a party affiliation

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Oh, very sad. Is all about spite now and getting over on the other side. I wonder if we passed a law outlawing a little R or D indoor of their names when running would clean it up. Just run on your experience and your ideas, not a party affiliation
Absolutely perfect in my book. Let the candidates run on merit instead of depending upon sheeple and blind party voters.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
EVEN IF THEY RUN ON THEIR ON MERIT G, THE PEOPLE STILL HAVE TO ALTER THEIR MINDSET ON HOW THEY VOTE. I AM AFRAID THAT YEARS OF TRADITION WILL TAKE YEARS OF UNDOING.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
EVEN IF THEY RUN ON THEIR ON MERIT G, THE PEOPLE STILL HAVE TO ALTER THEIR MINDSET ON HOW THEY VOTE. I AM AFRAID THAT YEARS OF TRADITION WILL TAKE YEARS OF UNDOING.
If we simply abolish political parties people will have to pay some attention to the issues as well as the policies of the candidates. Throw them all into a pool and use a single elimination type of election. Let the process run for 12 months with elections running quarterly, eliminating those with the least votes. The number eliminated would depend on the number of candidates.