Still think it's a myth?

Scolai

Saw a story about this last week. Kid have passed 3 classes in 4 years and has a 0.13 gpa.

It's not the kids necessarily. It's the culture of the school. The students I teach excel. We have a stupid-high graduation rate and nearly all of our graduates attend 4-year universities after graduation. We pull from the same pool of students as everyone else in the county - one of the poorest in the state and #100 out of 100 counties in terms of academic need. We just have a unique culture at our school that promotes excellence.

Until the culture of the school changes (along with full buy-in by the staff), kids will continue to believe that school is a chore - something to endure until dropping out is legally permitted.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Saw a story about this last week. Kid have passed 3 classes in 4 years and has a 0.13 gpa.

It's not the kids necessarily. It's the culture of the school. The students I teach excel. We have a stupid-high graduation rate and nearly all of our graduates attend 4-year universities after graduation. We pull from the same pool of students as everyone else in the county - one of the poorest in the state and #100 out of 100 counties in terms of academic need. We just have a unique culture at our school that promotes excellence.

Until the culture of the school changes (along with full buy-in by the staff), kids will continue to believe that school is a chore - something to endure until dropping out is legally permitted.
My father was a teacher. Needs to be full by in by both the staff AND parents. That's what he used to say and experience.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This all falls right into the democrats' plans. Smart people are able to think for themselves. The LAST thing the democrats want are people who think for themselves.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
This all falls right into the democrats' plans. Smart people are able to think for themselves. The LAST thing the democrats want are people who think for themselves.
Indeed, Democrats and liberals want people DUMB and DEPENDANT on the government!