Sad story, but I give credit for manning up and accepting responsibility

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Needless to say, this sad, sad story is getting extensive coverage in my area because it happened right here in Sarasota. Apparently, the situation involved a truly "model family" that is forced to deal with such a tragedy. Words are inadequate to describe such a happenstance.

Robadat

Sad story, my condolences go out to the family. I've had a good number of 9mm shell casings land in the wrong places while shooting at indoor ranges and they do burn quite a bit, never had that happen with a .22, so I don't know if they get any hotter. Still, you've got to be situationally aware at all times on the range, a momentary lapse of concentration can have devastating effects as this case showed.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Terrible, terrible mishap. My Mossberg .22 has a vigorous ejector so I know how this can happen. I was hit in the face with a casing once and it was HOT. I ended up configuring a small deflector that guides the ejected shell straight out the side, and they can land up to 20' away. The only negligence I can pull from this dad wearing loose clothing as to allow the shell to enter. I get so angry when these actual accidents happen because I know exactly what the media will do to these stories. My heart goes out to dad. He has to live with this for the rest of his life.