NFL...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WONT ALLOW AMVETS TO PUT A PAID AD IN SUPER BOWL PROGRAM SIMPLY SAYING "PLEASE STAND". AND MAY BE THE WORST SUPER BOWL EVER ANYWAY.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah, FUCK the nfl and FUCK the pats and FUCK tom brady and FUCK bill belichick and FUCK rob gronkowski.

But dammit, from what I understand at least Kraft paid for his own damn stadium and didn't FUCK the taxpayers like almost every other team owner does...

Yeah, I live in Houston. When it comes to football I might be a bit bitter! :mad: But it's still better than being in Cleveland! :Roflmao:

GO ASTROS!! :Thumbsup:

livespive

Because they don't want to open Pandora's Box again......

They have kind of gotten this thing worked out, putting that ad there will make people kneel....

You know kind of like when 9's mom told him not to play with the sheep and he did anyway....

Now look at him :)

WONT ALLOW AMVETS TO PUT A PAID AD IN SUPER BOWL PROGRAM SIMPLY SAYING "PLEASE STAND". AND MAY BE THE WORST SUPER BOWL EVER ANYWAY.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, FUCK the nfl and FUCK the pats and FUCK tom brady and FUCK bill belichick and FUCK rob gronkowski.

But dammit, from what I understand at least Kraft paid for his own damn stadium and didn't FUCK the taxpayers like almost every other team owner does...

Yeah, I live in Houston. When it comes to football I might be a bit bitter! :mad: But it's still better than being in Cleveland! :Roflmao:

GO ASTROS!! :Thumbsup:
Dear 9andaWiggle:

You make valid points about the New England stadium and the Houston-Cleveland comparison.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
And just for you, WAMO... ;) :D :Roflmao:

I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for decades, but I predicted long ago that Tony Romo would never lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. Turnover Tony was a good QB with good stats, but he had a penchant for making key mistakes at key times, especially late in the season and/or the playoffs.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEY HAVE ZERO WORKED OUT LIVE. AND THERE IS ANOTHER AD IN THE SAME PROGRAM FROM ANOTHER VETERENS GROUP ASKING TO "PLEASE STAND AND HONOR OUR VETERANS".

livespive

Right one is enough, like I said did you do what your mom told you when you kept hounding her????

Even though I do stand I don't need to see this shit posted all in my face.

THEY HAVE ZERO WORKED OUT LIVE. AND THERE IS ANOTHER AD IN THE SAME PROGRAM FROM ANOTHER VETERENS GROUP ASKING TO "PLEASE STAND AND HONOR OUR VETERANS".

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YES SIR I DID, OR MY DAD WOULD BUST MY ASS. IF THEY ARE GOING TO ACT LIKE SPOILED LITTLE KIDS, THE NFL SHOULD BUST THEIR ASS TOO! IS THERE MORE THAN 1 ALCOHOL AD? MORE THAN 1 CAR AD? MORE THAN 1 PHONE AD? 1 IS ENOUGH, RIGHT? OR DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH ONLY APPLY TO WHAT THE NFL DEEMS OK?

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Fuck the NFL I don't care about them at all.
The only time I payed attention to them is when I had money on a game. Like the Super Bowl, I could care less who wins as long as my numbers come in.

livespive

I was watching the news last night and it said that the NFL asked a vet group to change the verbiage from Please Stand and they said no so they pulled the ad.....

http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/23/nfl-rejects-veterans-group-ad-against-flag-protests/

Now, I know there is freedom of speech, but where does this fall? Just like trying to put an ad in the paper, it has to make it past the editors.

YES SIR I DID, OR MY DAD WOULD BUST MY ASS. IF THEY ARE GOING TO ACT LIKE SPOILED LITTLE KIDS, THE NFL SHOULD BUST THEIR ASS TOO! IS THERE MORE THAN 1 ALCOHOL AD? MORE THAN 1 CAR AD? MORE THAN 1 PHONE AD? 1 IS ENOUGH, RIGHT? OR DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH ONLY APPLY TO WHAT THE NFL DEEMS OK?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOW ON ANY PLANET IS "PLEASE STAND" POLITICAL. THEN IT SEEMS TO ME THE NFL COULD BE SUED JUST LIKE THE CAKE GUY IN ANOTHER THREAD IN THIS SITE. ALLOWING 1 GROUP TO KNEEL IN PROTEST (EXTREMELY POLITICAL) AND NOT ALLOW ANOTHER GROUP TO POST AN AD SAYING "PLEASE STAND", SAYING ITS TO POLITICAL, SOUNDS LIKE GROUNDS FOR A LAW SUIT TO ME.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NFL ACCEPTED: "WE STAND FOR VETERANS" FROM VFW.
NFL DECLINED: "PLEASE STAND" FROM AMVETS.
NFL SAID IF THEY WOULD CHANGE IT TO "#PLEASE STAND" THEY WOULD ACCEPT IT. WHAT!!!

livespive

They were asked to change it from Please Stand is what I watched on the news.

I think this is close, but not quite the same as the cake guy.

He is baking a cake for a private event, the ad is for a public event.
Example the NFL would probably refuse an ad from the LGBT or Rainbow coalition on the same grounds.
The program is not a platform...

Also you could say the one ad is saying that vets stand for the anthem,
the other ad is asking the public to stand.

I myself don't see a problem with the ad, only because the announcer ask you to stand.

NFL ACCEPTED: "WE STAND FOR VETERANS" FROM VFW.
NFL DECLINED: "PLEASE STAND" FROM AMVETS.
NFL SAID IF THEY WOULD CHANGE IT TO "#PLEASE STAND" THEY WOULD ACCEPT IT. WHAT!!!

Good Times Good Times

Example the NFL would probably refuse an ad from the LGBT or Rainbow coalition on the same grounds.
They should! This is a christian nation (look at the Declaration of Independence, it's right in there! You can't tell me it ain't!), we love our veterans/troops. Those gays are lucky the libs legislated protection or else they'd get the treatment my great papaw gave'em.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
They were asked to change it from Please Stand is what I watched on the news.

I think this is close, but not quite the same as the cake guy.

He is baking a cake for a private event, the ad is for a public event.
The program is not a platform...

Also you could say the one ad is saying that vets stand for the anthem,
the other ad is asking the public to stand.

I myself don't see a problem with the ad, only because the announcer ask you to stand.
This is not a platform?
What the hell do you think the players are doing?
And the players are on company time and they wanted to pay for an ad.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
They should! This is a christian nation (look at the Declaration of Independence, it's right in there! You can't tell me it ain't!), we love our veterans/troops. Those gays are lucky the libs legislated protection or else they'd get the treatment my great papaw gave'em.
Sarcasm at its best.