Newt As Trump's VP?

MI2AZ

Chris Christie, Ben Carson, and even MSNBC's Joe Scarborough are among the names popping up, but one in particular seems to be on most short lists: Newt Gingrich. (See the New York Times, Washington Times, and Cox Media, among others.) The former House speaker has been one of Trump's most vocal backers, and he tells the New York Times that "it would be very hard for a patriotic citizen to say no." At the National Review, Myra Adams weighs the pros and cons and finds that it makes sense in some fundamental ways. Essentially, Gingrich would play the role of Trump's "chief strategist," balancing his sweeping views with wonky logistics.

"If Trump is the embodiment of the populist fantasy of the outsider—with no political experience—who is thrust into power by an angry electorate with a mandate to turn Washington on its head, right all the wrongs, and 'make America great again,' Gingrich could be Trump’s wise sidekick."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Newt Gingrich would be a good, logical VP selection, in my opinion, and certainly better than anyone who might be selected by Hillary.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Newt would only be a representation of the older white male of the Republican party.
My neighbors, who are much older than I an firmly conservative DO NOT think Newt would be a good choice. They said if Newt is VP, they probably would not vote for Trump. And they didn't think too mant other Seniors would either.

I dunno how representative they are of the whole, but that's their opinion of him.