NC GOP Office Bombed

MI2AZ

A local Republican Party office in North Carolina was damaged by fire and someone spray-painted an anti-GOP slogan referring to "Nazi Republicans" on a nearby wall, authorities said Sunday, per the AP. A news release from the town of Hillsborough said someone threw a bottle filled with flammable liquid through the window of the Orange County Republican Party headquarters overnight. The substance ignited and damaged furniture and the interior before burning out. The news release says an adjacent building was spray-painted with the words: "Nazi Republicans leave town or else." State GOP Director Dallas Woodhouse said no one was injured, but a security alert is being sent to party offices around the state. Another business owner discovered the damage Sunday morning. Local police are investigating alongside the ATF.

Woodhouse said that people sometimes work after-hours and that he felt lucky no one was there at the time. "It is a miracle that nobody was killed," he said in a phone interview. Hillary Clinton tweeted Sunday afternoon, "The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe." Democratic Hillsborough Mayor Tom Stevens condemned the act in a statement, noting, "This highly disturbing act goes far beyond vandalizing property; it willfully threatens our community's safety via fire, and its hateful message undermines decency, respect and integrity in civic participation." Hillsborough is the county seat of Orange County, a county in which registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by a 3-1 margin.

Good Times Good Times

No no no no no, don't lump me in the same group as someone who would do an act like in the OP......

I'm a pretty tolerant person that is somewhat liberal.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
No no no no no, don't lump me in the same group as someone who would do an act like in the OP......

I'm a pretty tolerant person that is somewhat liberal.
Not lumping you in at all.

With the current political climate in our country, I'm surprised stuff like this hasn't been happening regularly. I think it's coming, and soon attacks like this will not be done when the buildings are empty. From the way people act towards those with a different opinion, I don't think it's too far off, either.

Make fun of the "gun nuts" all you want, but what the liberals call "paranoia" is becoming increasingly justified by the actions of some of their own people.

MI2AZ

Democrats disgusted by the firebombing of a GOP office in Orange County, NC, set up a GoFundMe page to help reopen it and blew past their $10,000 goal within hours Sunday. "Thank you all for showing that Americans are thirsty for civility and decency, and that we love our democracy above all our differences," wrote the page's creators, who stressed that they were ordinary voters, not Democratic officials. Police are still searching for the attackers who threw a firebomb into the Republican headquarters in Hillsborough overnight Saturday and spray-painted "Nazi Republicans leave town or else" on an adjacent building, the Hill reports.

The fundraising page—which was criticized by some LGBT activists opposed to the state's controversial "bathroom law"—was closed after reaching $13,000 in donations. Gov. Pat McCrory denounced the attack as an "attack on our democracy." Hillary Clinton tweeted Sunday that the attack was "horrific and unacceptable," while Donald Trump tweeted: "Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning." The Charlotte Observer notes that Democrats and independents outnumber Republicans 5 to 1 in the county, which lies to the west of Durham.

Scolai

Durham is a liberal cesspool with some of the highest violence rates in the state. The fact that some idiot in that part of the state thought it would be nifty to firebomb the political opposition surprises me not at all.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Actually Muslim terrorists are extremely conservative. Though not the same brand of conservatism practiced in the USA.
Dear bbfreeburn:

You are certainly correct, in the sense that ultra-conservative religionists have contempt for religious pluralism, and they deny the legitimacy of other faiths.