NBA All-Star game a total joke -- once again!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In recent years, the NBA All-Star game has been a complete joke -- the complete opposite of a defensive showcase, for sure! In fact, there was virtually no defense! The score was 53-37 after one quarter, and 95-82 at halftime.

The teams combined to take a total of 278 field-goal attempts, including 90 three-point tries, and by comparison, there were only 15 free-throws attempted in the game. Forty-eight minutes of uncontested shots and dunks is hardly competitive basketball.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THEY DO NOT PLAY DEFENSE. ITS FOR SHOW, NOT COMPETITION.
Dear WAMO:

When ANY sport becomes less competitive, I tend to lose interest. I used to watch the NBA All-Star game with interest every year, but it's been several years since I've watched even so much as a minute of that game. [My comments in the original thread were made after reading the first few paragraphs of a wire story and taking a look at the box score the following morning.]

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE WHOLE THING IS INSURANCE. ALL THESE TEAMS, NOT JUST NBA, DONT WANT TO LOSE PLAYERS BECAUSE OF A HARD FOUL OR A POKE IN THE EYE, OR ANYTHING THAT COULD TAKE THEM OUT. OR DAMAGED KNEES OR PULLED HAMMY'S OR ETC...JUST FOR AN ALLSTAR GAME.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THE WHOLE THING IS INSURANCE. ALL THESE TEAMS, NOT JUST NBA, DONT WANT TO LOSE PLAYERS BECAUSE OF A HARD FOUL OR A POKE IN THE EYE, OR ANYTHING THAT COULD TAKE THEM OUT. OR DAMAGED KNEES OR PULLED HAMMY'S OR ETC...JUST FOR AN ALLSTAR GAME.
Dear WAMO:

A valid point … and the way they play the game, there's hardly a "hard foul" .. let alone ANY foul(s).