Mini-editorial: Race-based protests are misdirected

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Demonstrators carrying “Black Lives Matter” signs should pay more attention to the fact that last year, more than 4,000 people were murdered in Chicago -- for the most part, blacks killing other blacks -- and THAT is NOT a result of white supremacy or police brutality.

The days of Jim Crow are long gone, and the nation has elected and re-elected a black man -- or at least, a half-black man -- as president. Wrath against white supremacy for massive loss of black lives, in Chicago and elsewhere, is outmoded and misdirected.

Wrath against Confederate statues and monuments is also misdirected. No matter how it's analyzed, there is no real danger or any real threat from ghosts of Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee from a century and a half ago.

The same people who want to ban such statues and monuments also claim to want society to be more tolerant and inclusive, but think about it. In Europe, Nazi concentration camps and statues of Lenin and Stalin are preserved as museums and visited by schoolchildren to teach them history, both good and bad.

Where is the wrath against far more real and present dangers, such as jihadist suicide bombers and terrorists killing far too many innocent civilians? And where is the wrath against killings by Salvadoran MS-13 gangs or Mexican drug cartels in American cities?

During the current drug epidemic, some 50,000 have died from overdoses in each recent year. Such numbers are shocking and deserve far stronger public outcries than Civil War statues.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IT WOULD APPEAR THESE DAYS, ATLEAST IN DALLAS, THAT THE BLM MOVEMENT, CITY COUNCIL AND A FEW OTHERS ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT STATUE REMOVAL THAN THEY ARE DRUGS AND DRUG DEALERS. IT WOULD SEEM THEY ARE GIVING UP ON ALL THE CAR JACKINGS, MURDERS, ROBBERIES, HOME INVASIONS, CAR THEFTS, DRUG DEALERS AND ALL OTHER DRUG RELATED CRIMES.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY DJ. IF WE REMOVE THE WORD RACISM FROM ALL PLAQUES, BOOKS AND STATUES, WONT THAT MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS NEVER THERE?

livespive

The BLM movement is just louder right now because of the MSM.
Movements to stop black on black crime have been going on for years.

Both of which need to be taken care of.

We just had a situation here in Columbus where they caught a cop on the body cam stopping someone in the store.
They then heard the group of cop's after the arrest talking and one of the cops says he would have killed the guy.

The BLM, BOB movements are totally different, while somewhat the same. The blacks that are killing other blacks
are criminals, and you end up with collateral damage....

With the BLM the cops that are supposed to protect and server are killing and serving them in body bags.

radioactive

Here in Richmond, VA they have Monument Ave. A whole road line with nothing but statues of their dear fallen war dead from 150 years ago. So after what happen in Charlottesville the gov. (small letter intended) said that there would be no protests allowed at the Lee Statue in Richmond (it's on State property). So a group calling its self The New Confederate States announced that they were going to hold a rally there this past Saturday, even though they were denied a permit. So the Mayor of Richmond and the gov. got together and decided that they could hold their rally just as long as it was peaceful, of course we can't stop anyone that want's to protest against you.

So the end of the story is 5 people showed up from The New Confederate States, they waved a Confederate Flag around for 5 mins. and had the tires on their truck slashed.
About 200 Counter protesters from BLM (New York), Antifa, and others were there. There were 7 arrest from this group, 4 for wearing masks in public (an Antifa tactic) and three for weapons charges.

The largest group at the rally was the Police, it was guessed their numbers were over 250.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE BOB MOVEMENT AROUND DALLAS. ONLY THE BLM. AND THE BLM LEADERSHIP IN DALLAS ARE AMONG THE BIGGEST RACISTS I HAVE EVER SEEN.
WELL RADIO, IT WOULD APPEAR RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN YOUR AREA AS WELL.

livespive

Much like the media tries to screw Trump, they don't push anything positive.
Any state that has high Black on Black crime has some organization trying to stop it.

Don't know if you want to call it a "movement" but it there, and they have been in existence way before BLM.
That just shows you strength of the MSM.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE BOB MOVEMENT AROUND DALLAS. ONLY THE BLM. AND THE BLM LEADERSHIP IN DALLAS ARE AMONG THE BIGGEST RACISTS I HAVE EVER SEEN.
WELL RADIO, IT WOULD APPEAR RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN YOUR AREA AS WELL.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
AGREE WITH THAT. MOST NEWS STATIONS ONLY WANT TO PROMOTE HATE AND CONFLICT. MAYBE THE BIGGEST REASON RACISM WILL NEVER DISAPPEAR.
Saddest truth I've seen spoken for a while.

What we really need to be doing is protesting against the media. Burn down their buildings, destroy the presses and their computers. Tar and feather all the writers promoting division - willfully helping destroy America because doing so makes them more money - and send them on a one way trip to North Korea.

livespive

Wait a minute....

Isn't AW part of the media :Biggrin:;):p

Saddest truth I've seen spoken for a while.

What we really need to be doing is protesting against the media. Burn down their buildings, destroy the presses and their computers. Tar and feather all the writers promoting division - willfully helping destroy America because doing so makes them more money - and send them on a one way trip to North Korea.

bbfreeburn

AGREE WITH THAT. MOST NEWS STATIONS ONLY WANT TO PROMOTE HATE AND CONFLICT. MAYBE THE BIGGEST REASON RACISM WILL NEVER DISAPPEAR.
Actually most news stations want ratings. Hate and conflict, in our society, are how you get them.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
He is. Or was. We'll have to set up a Review Board to determine if his writings are promoting division in America for his own profit. ;) Better get out the shredder, AW! Anything we find CAN and WILL be used against you! :Biggrin:
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I'm now a journalistic has-been after five decades in the newspaper profession. However, I can safely say that NONE of my published writings "promoted division in America for my own profit."

So to any potential "Review Board" ... Go ahead and research all of my writings. I've written newspaper editorials, but NONE of them dealt with racism (or the racial divide in this country). I've also written columns on many subjects -- bowling, TV sports, arts, music, religion, travel, real estate, etc. -- but none of them apply to the subject at hand.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I'm now a journalistic has-been after five decades in the newspaper profession. However, I can safely say that NONE of my published writings "promoted division in America for my own profit."

So to any potential "Review Board" ... Go ahead and research all of my writings. I've written newspaper editorials, but NONE of them dealt with racism (or the racial divide in this country). I've also written columns on many subjects -- bowling, TV sports, arts, music, religion, travel, real estate, etc. -- but none of them apply to the subject at hand.
Did you ever, in any of your bowling articles, compare bowling to golf? If so, we may have to review and see if you were driving a wedge :Whistling: between duffers and keglers... :Biggrin: