Ivanka is a monster!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I like how the media is trying to ruin any business anyone named Trump is associated with. Reading this article, you'd think Ivanka is in China cracking the whip on the workers herself!

They conveniently leave out some facts, like almost any article of clothing in any American's closet is manufactured in the same or similar factories, paying the same low wages, with the same long hours and same working conditions. In fact, any item period. Including the cell phone I'm using to enter this message.

Another fact, in many places, $62 a week is enough to live on. In India, people live on less than that (and I've been there, my wife has toured a few factories there as well). The average American has no fucking clue how poor people are in other parts of the world and what working conditions are REALLY like outside of Silicon Valley. They have no labor unions. Some still have class systems in place - if you're born poor, you're going to be poor. All your life, with no chance to change class. So to many, if you have a job it's a big deal. The whole family may rely on it just to survive. They don't have the luxury of being able to boycott, they will simply be replaced with someone more desperate that needs the work.

But this idea that Ivanka has any say in how the workers are treated is nothing more than a hit piece full of ignorant bullshit to use the bully pulpit to financially harm her. These factories put on their best face to prospective clients, to get the jobs. Doesn't matter if it's Ivanka, Kohls, Eddie Bauer, etc... they ALL, every damn one of 'em, use the same cheap, foreign labor.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/...factory-used-by-ivanka-trumps-clothing-maker/

livespive

Yeah, but the thing is Trump's entire platform is about bring jobs back over here. Now when all of his stuff is being done over there, it seems kind of fishy......

Example when he was first elected and to Carrier (I think that was it) instead of doing that, I would have stood in one of my own facilities and said that I am bring all of manufacture back to the USA.....

The people would have ate it up.
Even the liberals would have thought good of him ;)

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't know the liberals would admit to thinking anything good about him even with good reason, but your other points are fair enough. :)