It's a good thing we have

Good Times Good Times

To be fair, the Trump people were yelling stuff at them too. I think it probably got out of control easily. They didn't expect that many protesters, so there weren't enough police. Any article I've read doesn't really discuss what the tipping point was. However, the biased right-wing website will select certain things to propagate the narrative it's trying to write (and vice-versa). There are violent idiots on every side.

I would propose I'm a more true example of a "left-winger" ?

Robadat

To be fair, the Trump people were yelling stuff at them too. I think it probably got out of control easily. They didn't expect that many protesters, so there weren't enough police. Any article I've read doesn't really discuss what the tipping point was. However, the biased right-wing website will select certain things to propagate the narrative it's trying to write (and vice-versa). There are violent idiots on every side.

I would propose I'm a more true example of a "left-winger" ?
So you're basically blaming the victims for the actions of the violent people, got it.
“We could be peaceful and do things different,” Arianna Perez, 19, told the Times. “but if we did, we wouldn’t get our voice heard.”
Seems this protester didn't intend to protest peacefully from the get-go. I'm sure her ideas about how the protest would go was shared by many of her fellow peaceful, tolerant anti-right wingers in attendance.

But, it's still nice to know there's at least one peaceful tolerant left winger out there...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
But, it's still nice to know there's at least one peaceful tolerant left winger out there...
Yeah, GTGT is one of the few. :D

Way to prove Trump's rhetoric is CORRECT. They are NOT all nice, law abiding people, and we SHOULD secure the border and require LEGAL entry to reap the rewards of being here.

Good Times Good Times

So you're basically blaming the victims for the actions of the violent people, got it.
100% false. I'm just saying shit goes both ways. Are you saying no Trump supporters were likely at fault as well? It's hard for me to take a blatantly biased site as gospel. So I will stand by my comments as rational and supported.

"To be fair, the Trump people were yelling stuff at them too." - true
"I think it probably got out of control easily." - fair, though conjecture. People get worked up about the stupidest of things.
"They didn't expect that many protesters, so there weren't enough police." - fair
"Any article I've read doesn't really discuss what the tipping point was." - true, I'd certainly be willing to call out ANY violent people as idiots. "However, the biased right-wing website will select certain things to propagate the narrative it's trying to write (and vice-versa). There are violent idiots on every side." - makes sense to me.

If I wanted to blame the victim I'd say something like, "stupid victim, he deserved it".

As to the 19 year old quote..........do you really think I share that sentiment? I know I'm being lumped in w/her as "intolerant and not peace loving". I do believe there are small groups of every political persuasion that do (these are the idiots).

Good Times Good Times

Keep in mind, I'm NOT defending ANY of these people that are out of control!

I'm not going to go find violent Trump supporters and use their vids and then come on here and act like the whole of the Trump supporters are ALL like that. Ha!

Robadat

If I wanted to blame the victim I'd say something like, "stupid victim, he deserved it".

As to the 19 year old quote..........do you really think I share that sentiment? I know I'm being lumped in w/her as "intolerant and not peace loving". I do believe there are small groups of every political persuasion that do (these are the idiots).
Actually, I don't believe for a second you share her sentiments. I can't really think of any member here that would believe that of you.

As far as the violence thing goes, it seems to me that 99% of these violent protests seem to start with peaceful, tolerant left wingers who are upset about something. I've seen first hand a huge number of protests here in NY over many years for many causes, I really can't recall ever seeing a violent protest started by right wingers here.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
All I'm saying is; remember when all those right wing Bernie protestors started fighting and injuring people at a Bernie rally?

Yeah, me either.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I really can't recall ever seeing a violent protest started by right wingers here.
Exactly. If they were, you KNOW the liberal media would be on it like flies on shit. The only problems I read about are when dem supporters show up specifically to start shit.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Oh yeah! I forgot Repubs were paying these guys from the "Stop Trump" movement's coffers!

I should have been more careful... EVERYONE is out to get The Donald!
You know you're doing things right when you piss off both sides. They're afraid someone will fuck up the golden goose.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHEN WE HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR IN THE ELECTION PROCESS, IS THERE REALLY A LEFT AND A RIGHT? ISNT IT JUST A CASE OF HILLARY VS TRUMP AT THIS POINT?