Got your Xmas (or other Holiday) decorations up yet?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Xmas - just for my buddy JLS! Let me be the first this season to get his blood pressure up! :Biggrin:

Anyway, wife started dragging stuff out last night... I expect everything will be up by the weekend. *Sigh*

I just don't get excited about Christmas anymore. Mostly the whole dang thing just annoys me since the corporate take-over has resulted in Christmas starting in October... by Halloween I'm already over it, and there's still 2 months to go!

Right now, I've worked hard to lose 25 lbs (about 14% of my beginning weight) over the last 10 months. Thanksgiving was a challenge, and I fell off the wagon a bit and gained a little back - nothing bad though. But the month of December is always full of people pushing tasty (but gawd-awful unhealthy) stuff at you almost daily. I'm already tired of telling people "no" and depriving myself the joy of punching their teeth out when they keep trying to push food I don't want on me. Why can't people accept a "no thank you" and leave it be?

Anyway, The Grinch has arrived and 2017 can't get here soon enough. :Unsure:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I just don't get excited about Christmas anymore. Mostly the whole dang thing just annoys me since the corporate take-over has resulted in Christmas starting in October... by Halloween I'm already over it, and there's still 2 months to go!
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Sadly but appropriately, a newspaper headline says "HOLIDAYS ARE ALL ABOUT THE CASH" ... and radio stations started playing Christmas songs a couple weeks ago, BUT few if any of those songs have anything to do with the true meaning of Christmas -- only songs such as "Jingle Bells", "Winter Wonderland" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas."

Then again, as soon as Trump is inaugurated, the 2020 election season will get underway. Ridiculous, but true.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Yup got most of my Christmas decorations up already , the day after Thanksgiving is when I started . But i don't have any of my Christmas shopping done yet. sigh .

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I haven't done any Christmas gift shopping yet, but we put up all of our holiday decorations on the day before Thanksgiving.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NO SHE HASNT, SHE HAS BEEN TO BUSY TAKING CARE OF HIS FLOWERS! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
IM WITH 9 ON THIS ONE. XMAS HAS GOTTEN TO COMMERCIALIZED FOR IT TO MEAN ANYTHING ANYMORE. I DONT EVEN PUT UP A TREE ANYMORE. HERE IN DALLAS I STARTED HEARING XMAS SONGS ON THE RADIO THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING. DONT GET ME WRONG, FOR THE KIDS THAT STILL BELIEVE, LIKE MY GREAT GRAND DAUGHTERS, ITS ALL GOOD. BUT FOR ANYBODY OVER 8...BAH HUMBUG!!!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I've had my outside stuff up for a few weeks. I had to move a fee pieces in because of high wind. We finished our tree Monday.