Got my Blue Bell!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Ice cream hitting stores again. Sad situation, but they still seem to have a pretty good following down here anyway.

Worst part (aside from the 3 deceased) is how deeply it impacted the whole town and not just Blue Bell. They laid off a few hundred of their own people (not to mention the OK and AL plants), and some other manufacturers that relied on BB also had layoffs (like the carton maker). It is said the TX plant brings in about 200,000 tourists every year. Not big for Houston, but for Brenham that's fairly significant and important for the smaller businesses that get a boost from that traffic. Add in the oil bust, and some families got hit really hard out there.

So when I saw it back on the shelves, I bought 2 to help support all the "little people" and hope the management team has learned from their mistakes.

I must say, them boys (and girls) in AL make ice cream almost as good as they do moonshine! :Biggrin:

I see the OK plant is coming back online as I type this. Think a couple more months before the Brenham facility reopens.