Give Trump time to break the health-care logjam

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Obamacare is unraveling in front of a population who, for the most part, is blind to the ramifications of the implosion. But there has been too much emphasis placed on the failure of the initial GOP health care rewrite.

As originally passed and rammed through by the Democrats without a single Republican vote, the Obamacare legislation was intentionally designed to make future rework or repeal difficult, or even nearly impossible.

A case can certainly be made that the Republicans demonstrated poor preparation and an inability to come together in the party's first repeal-and-replace initiative, and the blame for withdrawing the bill shouldn't be aimed at President Trump.

Whether you like him or not, Trump has successfully solved many problems and negotiated great deals, and he knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, and he also understands that achieving the bottom line may take many rounds at the table.

A good and wise leader doesn't necessarily show all his cards and reveal his tactics, and he doesn't easily give up. Logical Americans need to believe that Trump has a plan to achieve repeal-and-replace, and they should be willing to give him time and space to get the job done.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My main concern, Bill, is that the bill is illegal from the start. The government CANNOT pass a bill forcing citizens to pay for something they cannot afford or do not want to buy, and then fine them for non-compliance. It is ILLEGAL. How it passed, why it passed is beyond me, but the very first thing that should be done is to stop forcing people to pay for it. Allow them to purchase it if they desire, but stop the mandatory purchase and fine for non-compliance. Once that is done a replacement program can be built, but again, not a required purchase.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My main concern, Bill, is that the bill is illegal from the start. The government CANNOT pass a bill forcing citizens to pay for something they cannot afford or do not want to buy, and then fine them for non-compliance. It is ILLEGAL. How it passed, why it passed is beyond me, but the very first thing that should be done is to stop forcing people to pay for it. Allow them to purchase it if they desire, but stop the mandatory purchase and fine for non-compliance. Once that is done a replacement program can be built, but again, not a required purchase.
... and that's why Obamacare needs to be REPEALED AND REPLACED.

livespive

True, but that is the thing....

No matter if it is Trump or Obama's plan, it has to be paid for, and that is about the only way to do it.

Most of the people that need the plan can't pay for it.
We have more and more "healthy" people saying that they are healthy and not having insurance so that they can save money.

With that combo, how does the plan get paid for?

The thing that needs to be done is to control insurance companies, not add another plan, just fix what is there.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Well, the scotus doesn't agree with you. We are forced to pay SS, Medicaid and Medicare.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
True, but that is the thing....

No matter if it is Trump or Obama's plan, it has to be paid for, and that is about the only way to do it.

Most of the people that need the plan can't pay for it.
We have more and more "healthy" people saying that they are healthy and not having insurance so that they can save money.

With that combo, how does the plan get paid for?

The thing that needs to be done is to control insurance companies, not add another plan, just fix what is there.
Control insurance companies? Most only net about 10 percent. How about controlling health care costs? When one hospital group owns 6 hospitals in the area, there is no competition. What about the cost of diagnostic services? What about the cost to have see a doctor just to have them send you to another doctor?

livespive

Sorry, I kind of meant that as one group, insurance and health care. It's one big problem.

Control insurance companies? Most only net about 10 percent. How about controlling health care costs? When one hospital group owns 6 hospitals in the area, there is no competition. What about the cost of diagnostic services? What about the cost to have see a doctor just to have them send you to another doctor?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I see where livespive is coming from, and agree. BUT... forcing people to buy insurance to help cover out of control pricing by giving more people a plan to pay/cover the increased pricing doesn't really give hospitals, Drs. or big pharma any incentive to lower or control costs when the customers are now forced to have insurance to pay these obscene ransoms they charge for care.