Girl, 17, Faces Punishment For Fighting Off Sexual Attack

MI2AZ

A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for using pepper spray to fend off her assailant.

The teenager told police that she was attacked in central Sønderborg on Wednesday at around 10pm by a dark-skinned English-speaking man. She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.

The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker, but now she may be the one who ends up in legal trouble.

“It is illegal to possess and use pepper spray, so she will likely be charged for that,” local police spokesman Knud Kirsten told TV Syd.

Scolai

She needs my self-protection class. Can't use pepper spray? No problem. We've got tactical pens, kubotan training, monkey's fist, and physical defense options.

Fuck the dude up without OC.

Robadat

This case is from Denmark. I don't know how their Courts work, but these charges against this young girl should be dismissed. She has the right to protect herself from assault and/or rape.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I WAS KIND OF THINKING JUST A TICKET? BUT I DO AGREE WITH ROB. AND JLS IF IT GETS THAT FAR. WHAT A WAIST OF MONEY IF IT DOES.

MI2AZ

Will cars be next? Did you read where in Mich a police official stated that cars are 3-ton weapons? It was in reference to shooting an unarmed woman driver and he said she was not unarmed, she had a car.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Will cars be next? Did you read where in Mich a police official stated that cars are 3-ton weapons? It was in reference to shooting an unarmed woman driver and he said she was not unarmed, she had a car.
Depends... if she was just driving away, no. If she was driving towards a person with intent to run them over, then yes.

Scolai

Even a traditionally 'unarmed' person can be a deadly threat. This was poignantly demonstrated in the Michael Brown case in Ferguson, MO. A 250+ pound man can overpower and severely injure or kill a smaller person (like a 185-pound cop). It's called 'disparity of size' and can be a legitimate defense in American courts.

Using a car is defensible if it's used as a force equalizer (i.e. vs. someone with a gun). Otherwise, it's a touchy situation, especially if the opportunity to flee presents itself.