Fuck This Fucking Virus

Scolai

NC Governor Cooper issued a shelter in place order today. Not so bad except...

My son, who has been in Afghanistan for 9 months got off a C17 a week ago just two hours from me and went into immediate quarantine. No joyous reunion on the tarmac. No family hugs. None of that. Just off the plane and straight to quarantine.

With today's order, Bragg will likely go on lockdown. No one on or off base. We aren't allowed to travel to see him. Our 9-month deployment has turned into the year from hell.

So... yeah. COVID-19 can suck me.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Agreed. I wonder which way we are being fucked. Is this completely inflated, or are we not even being told the half of it...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY TO HEAR THAT SCOLAI. COMING HOME SHOULD BE A GOOD OCCASION. THIS VIRUS IS AFFECTING EVERYTHING GOOD IN OUR LIVES.

I THINK THE SECOND PART OF YOUR STATEMENT G. IF ALL THESE EVENTS ARE BEING CANCELED OR MOVED, WE ARNT BEING TOLD EVERYTHING. CITIES AND NOW STATES ARE POSTING RESTRICTIONS, SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING THEY ARENT TELLING. BUT MASKS AND GLOVES ARNT THE ANSWER. SO LOCKING US IN OUR HOMES IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT, FOR NOW. IF AMERICA IS PANICED NOW, HOW BAD WOULD IT GET IF THEY COME OUT AND SAY THERE IS NO CURE COMING ANYTIME SOON?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Bragg might not shutdown. Redstone arsenal has yet to shutdown and won't unless the feds go to something more extreme. I'd imagine you'd be able to visit even with NC lockdown.

Scolai

Bragg might not shutdown. Redstone arsenal has yet to shutdown and won't unless the feds go to something more extreme. I'd imagine you'd be able to visit even with NC lockdown.
Yeah. I just have to be able to justify the travel to the trooper who stops me as I travel I95.

livespive

I think we are not getting the half of it.
One look at Trumps flip.
Two Ohio has given us the truth so far.
three battelle in Ohio has a process that will sterilize 150k mask and the FDA only approved it for 10k.
WTF. The government ain’t getting their cut.

livespive

Yeah WAMO famous people have been getting it and have been have lost their lives. This shit is real. My wife’s coworkers family member died from it in Michigan. It’s everywhere.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Right now we aren't in a shelter in place yet. But after the looks of Lowe's and home Depot over the weekend I think we will be there by next week. People here aren't taking it seriously.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I LIVE IN SMITH COUNTY IN EAST TX. WE HAVE BEEN ISSUED A SIP ORDER. GREGG AND LONGVIEW COUNTIES ARE NOW IN A SIP ORDER. BOTH OF THEM SAID THURSDAY THEY WOULD ONLY DO A VOLUNTARY SIP. BY FRIDAY, MANDATORY SIP PLACE ORDER. AND NOW ONE OF THE FOLKS THAT TESTED POSITIVE AND WAS PUT IN MANDATORY QUARANTINE, TESTED POSITIVE AGAIN OVER 2 WEEKS LATER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, we got our first confirmed case right here in town today. I say confirmed because I believe I already had it back in January. Had all the symptoms and took me over 3 weeks to recover. But, if not.....been great knowing everyone!!!!

Scolai

NC is going on lockdown tomorrow at 1700 hrs.

I'm planning to violate the lockdown order within just a few minutes of its implementation.

Because, fuck the governor.

Scolai

Well, we got our first confirmed case right here in town today. I say confirmed because I believe I already had it back in January. Had all the symptoms and took me over 3 weeks to recover. But, if not.....been great knowing everyone!!!!
Same in my house. My wife had a virulent respiratory virus that took weeks to get over. My daughter had it at college; it took her about 3 weeks to get past it.

Two cases, one of which was in my house. I'm immune to this shit, so screw the government mandates to remain a prisoner in my home.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Same in my house. My wife had a virulent respiratory virus that took weeks to get over. My daughter had it at college; it took her about 3 weeks to get past it.

Two cases, one of which was in my house. I'm immune to this shit, so screw the government mandates to remain a prisoner in my home.
I had 3 antibiotics, prednisone, and my nebulizer to ward off pneumonia. My bronchials were so tight that I whistled when I coughed. NASTY shit.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I LIVE IN SMITH COUNTY IN EAST TX. WE HAVE BEEN ISSUED A SIP ORDER. GREGG AND LONGVIEW COUNTIES ARE NOW IN A SIP ORDER. BOTH OF THEM SAID THURSDAY THEY WOULD ONLY DO A VOLUNTARY SIP. BY FRIDAY, MANDATORY SIP PLACE ORDER. AND NOW ONE OF THE FOLKS THAT TESTED POSITIVE AND WAS PUT IN MANDATORY QUARANTINE, TESTED POSITIVE AGAIN OVER 2 WEEKS LATER.
A SIP order? You're complaining about being forced to sip whiskey for 30 days? I mean, really. Trump is giving you $1200 to buy the whiskey, and the local government is ordering time off for you to be able to slow down, sip it, and enjoy it. I don't understand why you're so worked up about this. ;) :Laugh::Roflmao::Thumbsup::cool:

Scolai

Update: we're going to head to Bragg to see him in spite of the governor's order. His quarantine ends tomorrow at 1300. We'll be going up on Thursday. No clue what we're going to do when we get there - all of the restaurants and public gathering spaces are shut down, but we're going to see our boy.

He doesn't have transportation nor does he have anything in his barracks as far as supplies go. Thus, we are, "Going to render aid to a loved one," under the auspices of the lockdown.

Ten months apart thanks to the Big Green Weenie. We can't get back to normal soon enough for my liking.